Feature Request - Allow screensaver during pause

adam1010

divide_by_zero

Just adding a +1 to this request.

Those of us still rocking plasma (or OLED) have to contend with image retention/burn-in.

If I were the only user in the household, simply backing out of playback wouldn't be an issue. But getting other users in the house (especially those either smaller or less technical) to do this consistently is more problematic that it may seem.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, tinni88 said:

would just like to add a +1 for this feature request ( oled and burn in = nightmare ) 

Hi.  The latest version of this app dims the screen after five minutes of pause.

qazwsx10
Just now, ebr said:

Hi.  The latest version of this app dims the screen after five minutes of pause.

Is there anyway to have the option to decrease that time? Ideally we could make it as low as 30 seconds for an OLED TV. When you say dim, do you mean do the images still stay static on screen?

qazwsx10
9 minutes ago, ebr said:

There are no other options at this time and it just dims the screen to a very low level.

Thanks! Definitely let us know if that changes. I've stopped using the Shield for Emby altogether because of this, but would love to go back to it!

tinni88
2 hours ago, ebr said:

Thanks for letting me know unfortunately that's the problem with in-play pausing the screen may go dim but still leaves a static dimmed image on the screen hopefully one day a new style screensaver comes out but still love emby

qazwsx10
8 hours ago, ebr said:

There are no other options at this time and it just dims the screen to a very low level.

Out of curiosity, instead of a screensaver, is it possible to dim the screen to 0% instead so it appears completely black?

• Like 1

I've been meaning to comment about this myself.

Dimming helps but doesn't prevent "burn in".  I'd be for a "roaming" Emby logo that moves around the screen.

FrostByte

I would rather have a screen saver kick in after awhile.  I don't have an OLED, but I don't want my screen going black either like it was off

rbjtech

On my LG OLED (C8), it automatically displays a 'firework' type screensaver after 30 seconds of static screen non-activity from any source - have people checked the TV settings to ensure theirs is turned on ?   

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...
0balbert

Kodi has different screensaver plugins that you can choose from which also works on Android Kodi.  I would be nice to have a similar functionality with in Emby as i also have an OLED TV.  Plus having a Backdrop screensaver is nice to have as well  

This is a very old topic.  This option (allow screen saver during pause) was added to the app.