NextPVR plugin help needed - logos & DVR naming convention

DigitalFool

DigitalFool

It's just the regular log. IF you can find the log from that timeframe we can try to look at why the tuner was pre-occupied.

It was at 7:00PM CST (Amazing Race recording) - lots of recurring errors, not sure if related.

There is a recording scheduled, but this log file ends before that time so i'm not able to see what really happened.

DigitalFool

You see the restart though, right?

Edit: It looks like it keeps retrying to record, but it doesn't. Seems like the same log every time. Once I restarted the service, it did not try to record again.  So the only thing I can glean is that it can't get channels from the tuner?

2018-01-03 18:59:00.300 Info SecurityManager: Registered for feature dvr
2018-01-03 18:59:00.317 Info HttpClient: GET: http://ipv4-api.hdhomerun.com/api/lineup?DeviceAuth=WKbZ%2FMKAKAcNjW27rS6HgJGg
2018-01-03 18:59:00.637 Error App: Error getting channels
2018-01-03 18:59:00.639 Error App: Error recording to D:\DVR\Series\The Amazing Race\Season 30\The Amazing Race S30E01 You're a Champion, Prove It.ts
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.2.60.0
	Command line: C:\Users\HTPCUSER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\HTPCUSER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\HTPCUSER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\HTPCUSER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\HTPCUSER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\HTPCUSER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\HTPCUSER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\HTPCUSER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\HTPCUSER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\HTPCUSER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: C:\Users\HTPCUSER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
	Application directory: C:\Users\HTPCUSER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.NotImplementedException: The method or operation is not implemented.
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.<GetChannelStreamMediaSources>d__89.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.<RecordStream>d__97.MoveNext()
	System.NotImplementedException
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.<GetChannelStreamMediaSources>d__89.MoveNext()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.<RecordStream>d__97.MoveNext()

2018-01-03 18:59:00.639 Info App: Triggering refresh on D:\DVR\Series\The Amazing Race\Season 30\The Amazing Race S30E01 You're a Champion, Prove It.ts
2018-01-03 18:59:00.639 Info App: Refreshing recording parent D:\DVR\Series
2018-01-03 18:59:00.639 Info App: Retrying recording in 60 seconds.
2018-01-03 18:59:00.644 Info App: Creating recording timer for 836ff51dc3f04dd9b2333c13c89187d1, The Amazing Race. Timer will fire in 0.99992068 minutes
2018-01-03 18:59:01.023 Error Dlna: Error reporting progress
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.2.60.0
	Command line: C:\Users\HTPCUSER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\HTPCUSER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\HTPCUSER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\HTPCUSER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\HTPCUSER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\HTPCUSER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\HTPCUSER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\HTPCUSER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\HTPCUSER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\HTPCUSER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: C:\Users\HTPCUSER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
	Application directory: C:\Users\HTPCUSER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
	   at Emby.Dlna.PlayTo.PlayToController.StreamParams.GetItemId(String url)
	   at Emby.Dlna.PlayTo.PlayToController.StreamParams.<ParseFromUrl>d__45.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Dlna.PlayTo.PlayToController.<_device_PlaybackProgress>d__30.MoveNext()
	System.NullReferenceException
	   at Emby.Dlna.PlayTo.PlayToController.StreamParams.GetItemId(String url)
	   at Emby.Dlna.PlayTo.PlayToController.StreamParams.<ParseFromUrl>d__45.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Dlna.PlayTo.PlayToController.<_device_PlaybackProgress>d__30.MoveNext()
Edited by DigitalFool

DigitalFool

Please attach the complete log file, thanks.

That was just an excerpt from the file I already uploaded. 

Here is your problem:

2018-01-03 18:59:00.317 Info HttpClient: GET: http://ipv4-api.hdhomerun.com/api/lineup?DeviceAuth=WKbZ%2FMKAKAcNjW27rS6HgJGg

Put that url in a browser and see what it returns, which is not your channel list. You'll need to consult SiliconDust on how to resolve that, however, I recall one other user on this board with the same kind of thing and they did outline resolution steps. But you probably want to first start by making sure your HDHR firmware is up to date.

DigitalFool

Here is your problem:

Put that url in a browser and see what it returns, which is not your channel list. You'll need to consult SiliconDust on how to resolve that, however, I recall one other user on this board with the same kind of thing and they did outline resolution steps. But you probably want to first start by making sure your HDHR firmware is up to date.

Just returns 'null' 

It is up to date as of last week, but I can search for that thread. As of now, it currently lets me tune and record so not sure what the hang up was that moment. A restart of Emby made it work again though.

That other user's name was Nick something. I believe part of the resolution was something in his HDHomerun account.

• 2 weeks later...
DigitalFool

Just wanted to follow up on this. I followed the steps and still have the same issue. I contacted SiliconDust support and believe I have an answer.

​SO I have the HDHomeRun DUAL tuner , not the latest DUO tuner. Support stated that the DUAL tuner refreshes the DeviceAuth/LineupURL frequently. So I'm assuming that Emby doesn't check as often so when it gets the URL string, it will become invalidated at some point (returns a null value when trying to access channel lineup). That is why when I immediately restart Emby, it gets the current LineupURL and works. I guess you may know how it gets the string or how it stores it. Not sure. But whenever an error occurs, the current DeviceAuth does not match what Emby is trying to access. If that makes sense.

Support suggested I get the latest DUO model because it only refreshes when it gets restarted. I guess I don't think it's up to Emby development to fix a legacy device, but just an FYI if you think it may be an easy fix. I think I'm better off just getting a newer/currently supported device.

DigitalFool

Thanks for the info. Did they tell you how frequently? If not can you ask them? Thanks.

The DeviceAuth changes every few hours. It's a basic security method to make sure that only someone with access to your device is able to get your channel and guide information. Emby may need to change the behavior of their software to make sure they grab the latest URL before trying to get the channel list.

This is only applicable to legacy HDHomeRun Dual devices. Newer devices store their channel lineup directly on the device, so Emby should be able to get the lineup directly from the device without restriction, rather than relying on the server.

• 1 month later...

The DeviceAuth changes every few hours. It's a basic security method to make sure that only someone with access to your device is able to get your channel and guide information. Emby may need to change the behavior of their software to make sure they grab the latest URL before trying to get the channel list.

This is only applicable to legacy HDHomeRun Dual devices. Newer devices store their channel lineup directly on the device, so Emby should be able to get the lineup directly from the device without restriction, rather than relying on the server.

This is real interesting - It may be related to all the issues I had when I tested my 3 x HDHR Duals.