videos fail to play on remote machine

spon
Go to solution Solved by xnappo,

Hello. I am having issues using XBMB3C and am not sure if they are due to the plug-in or the MB server. I have no problems at all on my main HTPC, but I also have a small media box (Pivos Xios DS) in the bedroom running XBMC 12 linux version. The plug-in loads up ok and I can see all of my MB collections, etc. The fanart, covers, etc all load up, but the media files themselves will not play. Clicking the button doesn't seem to do anything. 

I've attached a MB server log-file. Please let me know if there are any XBMC logs which would help. 

Thanks!!

server-63530006400.log

xnappo

Hello. I am having issues using XBMB3C and am not sure if they are due to the plug-in or the MB server. I have no problems at all on my main HTPC, but I also have a small media box (Pivos Xios DS) in the bedroom running XBMC 12 linux version. The plug-in loads up ok and I can see all of my MB collections, etc. The fanart, covers, etc all load up, but the media files themselves will not play. Clicking the button doesn't seem to do anything. 

I've attached a MB server log-file. Please let me know if there are any XBMC logs which would help. 

Thanks!!

I need your xbmc.log file.  However I am guessing you have your MB3 server set up using paths like:

e:\videos\myMovies

instead of:

\\myserver\share\videos\MyMovies

You need to use the latter if you want to use SMB.  Alternatively, you can go into the AddOn settings->Network and select the 'Play from Stream' option.

If it is not that, then it is likely a share permissions problem.  You might try adding you share username and password to the Network settings.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

Thanks xnappo. Where is the XMBC log file located?

I definitely have the shares set up correctly, so that's not it. In terms of the share username and password, I'm not exactly sure what you mean. I have those folders (I have 8 total HDDs shared) all set to full sharing permissions for everyone. I don't use a username/password, unless I am misunderstanding what you're saying.

Thanks again for your help!

• Solution
xnappo

Thanks xnappo. Where is the XMBC log file located?

I definitely have the shares set up correctly, so that's not it. In terms of the share username and password, I'm not exactly sure what you mean. I have those folders (I have 8 total HDDs shared) all set to full sharing permissions for everyone. I don't use a username/password, unless I am misunderstanding what you're saying.

Thanks again for your help!

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file/Easy

Does 'Play from Stream' work?

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

Thanks for your help on this. I had a problem with the SMB sharing, which I was able to get corrected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk