Subtitle are missaligned ???

Koroshyia

Koroshyia

Hey there other datahoarders and dev from the emby community. I have been using emby for a little while but i had issues with users loging in to my account even though i changed my password every single time and only i knew it and i grew tired of it and before i wrote a topic someone said to me to try plex and i did it.\

Although that problem was solved i just couldn't come to love plex and the shit thats been happening there now so i came back and to my happiness i saw some very nice changes. Love it keep up the great work.

Now to my problem. There seem to be some kind of misalignment i might say not quite sure tbh with the subtitles in anime haven't tested with series and movies since i only have anime. What's happening is when i'm not in full screen subs are in right position but when in full screen subs somehow kinda end up almost in the middle of screen.

This happens to all anime not a singularity or a bad patch or download.

Photos in the attached section.

Anyone has any ideas as to why?

post-152290-0-84449100-1514841801_thumb.png

post-152290-0-95440800-1514841817_thumb.png

hi there, i haven't seen this in my testing. can you provide a sample file for testing? thanks !

Koroshyia

Sure i can.

Since i dont know any other way i can only provide you a download link which is this : https://mega.nz/#!7lJwACZS!Zrxh_ywhk0p-N2-8wQHn5MINvB4xoE9IsqGIVj9bEfo

Extra info if it's usefull.

The way the folders are is the same structure i use for all my anime

I had emby version 3.2.40 and upgraded to 3.2.60

I am using windows 10

If you need extra info tell me.

Edited by Koroshyia

What browser is this? i tested both of those videos and was not able to reproduce the problem. the subtitles were in the correct position.

AdrianW

That sort of thing can happen when sub times overlap (or even when they're adjacent - i.e. no gap at all). Whatever is rendering the subs allows space for the first line of subs and renders the next line higher.

This should be able to be fixed simply by altering the end time of the first line or the start time of the second by a millisecond or two.

Koroshyia

I am using chrome, dont have any other browsers, well edge also but thats never gonna open on my pc.

Also i formatted my pc fresh install of everything and stil the same problem.

And AdrianW i dont understand what you mean since i am a newbie in those things, but the subs are not seperate so i can't actually mess with them , also when im using vlc they are working properly.

Edited by Koroshyia

AdrianW

And AdrianW i dont understand what you mean since i am a newbie in those things, but the subs are not seperate so i can't actually mess with them , also when im using vlc they are working properly.

Some players cope with adjacent subtitles better than others. That might not be the issue anyway - I found these subtitles online, which appear to be for the same episode - and those two lines don't overlap.

For future reference: you can use MKVToolNix along with gMKVExtractGUI to extract subtitles and then remux them back in if need be.

Koroshyia

Some players cope with adjacent subtitles better than others. That might not be the issue anyway - I found these subtitles online, which appear to be for the same episode - and those two lines don't overlap.

For future reference: you can use MKVToolNix along with gMKVExtractGUI to extract subtitles and then remux them back in if need be.

Alright i get your point now. But that didn't happen the last time i used emby and i had the same files. Also how come Luke cant recreate the problem? That means that it works for him and not me so it shouldn't actually be a line overlapping but something else i think.

yea sorry right now i'm not able to reproduce the problem, but i will keep testing it. thanks.

Koroshyia

There are many things loading all the time what exactly should i capture or is there an option to take everything ?

What exactly is this? It's interesting that it's mixed in with the console messages, because that's definitely not normal.

homepage.php:341 plex-streams has been updated

AdrianW

I downloaded the example video and the subtitle positions are fine in Chrome for me. I don't know what to expect - but chrome playback does NOT use the embedded fonts in the mkv, perhaps that would only happen if re-encoding and burning in the subs.

I would suggest using Emby Theatre on a Windows PC - it'll give you better playback and subtitle support than chrome (you'll get the correct fonts in the subs).

Ok, the app is running in an iframe right? This is probably the source of the problem.

The video player relies on window resize events to reposition the subtitles and I'm guessing that inside the iframe these events are not firing.

Ok, apologies but right now I'm unable to reproduce. I will continue to monitor with further testing. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Koroshyia

Updating this post in order to let other ppl also know that i found a solution for my problem at least dont know if you can reproduce it that way too @@Luke but here it is.

There is an option in settings -> Transcoding i unchecked the Allow subtitle extraction on the fly.

I attached a foto of where the setting is.5a5d5042a73ff_Solution.png

That means subtitles will always be burned in which will tax your server CPU harder.

I think the issue is you're running emby inside an iframe, so most people will not be affected by this.

Thanks for the feedback.