Emby app on Synology keeps stopping

dvanthuyl

dvanthuyl

Hi all,

I'm running Emby app 3.2.50.0-1 on a Synology DS415+. I use it to connect from several Kodi clients running on either a Windows pc or Raspberry Pi. Some times I use the IOS client. Everything was working fine until recently. Whenever I try to connect from one of my devices, the app simply stops on my DS415+. I then need to log back on and restart it. 

I've been looking into the logs and I do see many errors regarding ffprobe. Also I ran the diagnostics tool, which shows that ffprobe is not available on the system. This should be normal as it's not part of a standard installation on Synonology devices. As far as I can tell ffprobe is used to extract stream information from a file, so I'm  assuming that wouldn't cause a crash in this case.

I have been browsing the topics here and turned off realtime updates and DLNA to see if that would resolve the issue, but so far no luck. It seems to occur every time a certain clients connect. The web clients seems to be ok, but IOS or Kodi clients are not. 

logs uploaded:

sendlogs_Diskstation415_synology_avoton_415+_20180101T090946UTC.tgz

Ok, because I don't see anything obvious, what I would suggest right now is removing the anime and kodi sync plugins and seeing if that makes a difference. thanks !

dvanthuyl

Thanks, I tried your suggestion.

Uninstalled those plugins and then restarted the server. Then logged in with the IOS app as a test. Server goes down again.

see logs

sendlogs_Diskstation415_synology_avoton_415+_20180102T192505UTC.tgz

emby_server_log_2.txt

Strange, I really haven't seen this before. I would suggest re-evaluating as soon as the 3.2.60 release is available for Synology. Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...
dvanthuyl

Strange, I really haven't seen this before. I would suggest re-evaluating as soon as the 3.2.60 release is available for Synology. Thanks !

i have 3.2.60 running now. Unfortunately this did not fix the issue. The problem is still occurring. Does 3.2.60 have additional logging that can give us some more insight?

dvanthuyl

Can you please attach a new server log? Thanks.

maybe I spoke to soon. I'm having trouble recreating the issue now. Right now I have two Pi's streaming content from a remote location without any crashes. I suspect that it was the iOS app causing the issue, so I removed that from my phone. I will try making an iOS connection sometime later this week, to see if I can make it go down again.

Everbrave

I don't have this issue on my DS918+; the server is actually quite stable.

Well, I found out it does stop when browsing the Movie Library on the Web UI.

Server log:

Log-2.txt

Everbrave

When browsing the same place, or consistently random?

When browsing in general, e.g. advancing the pages on the web interface. The server crashes if you browse several pages.

It can always be reproduced if one brows the library if after scanning the library, a “black” place holder (uncoloured, media file name displayed under it and not in it as usual) of a media file is generated and you tap this black place holder.

I hope this helps.

dvanthuyl

the issues seems to have returned again. I'm running 3.2.70.0-1 right now. The server stops as soon as my Raspberry Pi logs onto it via a Kodi session. I have 2 Pi's running with the same account, so I'm going to try to see if creating unique accounts for each will help. 

I have attached the server log.

i also tried to send logs, but i got a fail message:

Type [yes] and press return to continue: yes

>> Creating archive...
SUCCESS

>> Sending archive...
-- Size: 200M
-- HTTP Status: 500
FAILED

ERROR: Failed to send the log archive.

emby_server_log_20012018.txt

dvanthuyl

I tried a tail -f embysvr.stderr and it's coming up with this every time it goes down

7fcdb63dc000-7fcdb63dd000 r--p 00020000 09:00 14959                      /usr/lib/ld-2.20-2014.11.so
7fcdb63dd000-7fcdb63df000 rw-p 00021000 09:00 14959                      /usr/lib/ld-2.20-2014.11.so
7fff663f3000-7fff66414000 rw-p 00000000 00:00 0                          [stack]
7fff6646c000-7fff6646d000 r-xp 00000000 00:00 0                          [vdso]
ffffffffff600000-ffffffffff601000 r-xp 00000000 00:00 0                  [vsyscall]

Native stacktrace:

/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/mono/bin/mono() [0x4ad905]
        /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/mono/bin/mono() [0x426ac8]
        /lib/libpthread.so.0(+0x101c0) [0x7fcdb55241c0]
        /lib/libc.so.6(fileno_unlocked+0) [0x7fcdb4fcedc0]
        /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/releases/v3.2.70.0/libSkiaSharp.so(+0x174edd) [0x7fcda13a0edd]
        /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/releases/v3.2.70.0/libSkiaSharp.so(+0x13c55e) [0x7fcda136855e]
        /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/releases/v3.2.70.0/libSkiaSharp.so(+0x16f0ee) [0x7fcda139b0ee]
        [0x416fc9ed]

Debug info from gdb:

mono_gdb_render_native_backtraces not supported on this platform, unable to find gdb or lldb

=================================================================
Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.
=================================================================

• 2 weeks later...
dvanthuyl

I am. I uninstalled my plugins and reset my databases on my kodi clients. When it needs to do a full update the application still stops, but now that they’re mostly in synch it seems stable. Updating from scratch will kill it though

solabc16

Hello @dvanthuyl 

Did you manage to run the send logs successfully? The reason the upload failed was due to the size of the archive, you must have some pretty sizeable logs on your system.

If you're not able to clear some, let me know and we'll sort something out.

It would also be useful if you run the diags, if you haven't already https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-How-to-Run-Diagnostics

Best

- James