Samsung Emby apps for Canada region?

FreeBSD_Lover

@@FrostByte I followed the steps outlined on https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/74969-samsung-tizen-install-from-usb/, and got a seemingly successful install... however the UI I get on my Samsung NU8000 looks like a plain media browser, not the nice Emby Theater shown on https://emby.media/emby-for-samsung-smart-tv.html.  I can see media files served up from my NAS running Emby Server.  Looking for the Live TV feature with the nice looking guide.

Any idea why this is?

5e7007f1b312c_20200316_180639.jpg

FrostByte

I don't think that's the Emby app, looks more like the default Samsung media app.

You can find the Emby app in the installed apps section.  If you go to apps, then scroll all the way to the top right there should be a gear looking icon.  Click that and you should see the green Emby icon.  To make it easier for you place a shortcut on the Home

Yup, you are right.  My TV was picking up the media served by Emby and I was opening that, not the actual Emby app.  Found it as you said and it works!

• Like 1

triikii

Hello,

,@@FrostByte

I have a Samsung S Series and I live in Canada, I have tried the manual method to install the Emby app on Tizen. I see the installation start with a pop-up on the screen, but nothing afterwards.

FrostByte

Hello,

,@@FrostByte

I have a Samsung S Series and I live in Canada, I have tried the manual method to install the Emby app on Tizen. I see the installation start with a pop-up on the screen, but nothing afterwards.

It could be several things, but usually when this happens it's because you already have a version install and need to uninstall the previous version first.

• 3 years later...

For those in Canada can you please check the app store on your Samsung TV and let us know if the Emby app is available now? Thanks !

• Like 2

Just now, BradPC said:

Yes it is in the Canada Tizen Apps for me!

I just searched and installed successfully.

Excellent, thanks for checking!