Playback Error No compatible streams are currently available

Crossfire0mega
Go to solution Solved by zabbs,

Crossfire0mega

Hello, I just upgraded to the new version of emby server Version 3.2.60.0 about 2 days ago and ever since then I have not been able to play any content: music, tv shows, or movies. I have tried the web interface on firefox as well as the android app but the error message is the same: Playback Error. No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

I have tried rebooting the server through the admin panel several times as well as restarting the physical server. Below I have attached the server logs and the transcoding logs. I have tried several types of media all of which I know worked in the past. The only thing I saw in the logs that was weird was "Permission denied" but like I said, it all worked before the update so I'm not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

ServerLog.txt

ffmpeg-transcode_Log.txt

It looks like ffmpeg is unable to access this location for whatever reason:

file:/home/crossfire/media/tv/Supernatural/Season 1/Supernatural - 01x04 - Phantom Traveler.avi

Why not try our new install package based on the faster .net core runtime? Instructions are on our website:

https://emby.media/download.html

The big difference is that with this new package we include a bundled ffmpeg whereas the older package you installed made it a user requirement. Thanks.

Crossfire0mega

So I was able to fix the issue by changing the default user from emby to my username in /etc/emby-server.conf I'm not sure why I've been able to use the server fine up to this point with the default user but now it's working fine.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback. We haven't changed the package that you installed from, just FYI. In fact, we're no longer touching it anymore aside from issuing new server releases. All package development is happening with the newer install that I linked you to. Thanks.

Crossfire0mega

Ok thanks, I plan to go ahead and install the new package but I wanted to backup my config which I couldn't do because of the permission issue.

doonze

Luke, 

What does this mean for us that use the Debian/Ubuntu repo's? Are they not going to be kept up-to-date as well as the installer?

I guess due to different packaging when I've installed from the installer vs the repo, settings at least seem to get lost. (I'm guessing due to some slightly different paths?) 

I like the repo because with unattended upgrades it stays up to date without me worrying. Does the installer package have the ability to update itself on Debian distros?

The server is headless, so I don't log into it very often. Auto is good, manual is bad ;) 

Thanks.

Luke, 

What does this mean for us that use the Debian/Ubuntu repo's? Are they not going to be kept up-to-date as well as the installer?

I guess due to different packaging when I've installed from the installer vs the repo, settings at least seem to get lost. (I'm guessing due to some slightly different paths?) 

I like the repo because with unattended upgrades it stays up to date without me worrying. Does the installer package have the ability to update itself on Debian distros?

The server is headless, so I don't log into it very often. Auto is good, manual is bad ;)

Thanks.

The mono based packages are still being updated but they are based on mono and don't have the improvements that the newer packages have. 

xbmcgotham

Hi, I think I have the same problem as described above as I cant stream the video in the browser and the log gives a similar error see below. I want to change the user as described above in the emby.server file however not 100% sure what ## to remove or what full string to write. Can anyone give me the correct string and changes that need to me made in the file.

The error log is as followed.

Error App: Error starting ffmpeg
        *** Error Report ***
        Version: 3.2.60.0
        Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby-server -restartpath /usr/lib/emby-server/restart.sh
        Operating system: Unix 4.8.0.36
        64-Bit OS: True
        64-Bit Process: True
        User Interactive: False
        Mono: 4.8.1 (Stable 4.8.1.0/22a39d7 Tue May  2 22:26:20 UTC 2017)
        Processor count: 2
        Program data path: /var/lib/emby-server
        Application directory: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin
        System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): ApplicationName='/var/lib/emby-server/ffmpeg/20170308/ffmpeg', CommandLine='-f matroska -i file:"/media/media-admin/multimedia-nas/VIDEOS/CONCERTS/New Year's Concert - Vienna Philharmonic (2017)/New Year's Concert - Vienna Philharmonic.mkv" -map_metadata -1 -map_chapters -1 -threads 0 -sn -codec:v:0 libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -preset veryfast -crf 23 -maxrate 139808000 -bufsize 279616000 -profile:v high -level 4.1 -x264opts:0 subme=0:me_range=4:rc_lookahead=10:me=dia:no_chroma_me:8x8dct=0:partitions=none -force_key_frames "expr:gte(t,n_forced*3)" -flags -global_header -vsync -1 -codec:a:0 aac -strict experimental -ac 2 -ab 192000  -f segment -max_delay 5000000 -avoid_negative_ts disabled -start_at_zero -segment_time 3  -individual_header_trailer 0 -segment_format mpegts -segment_list_entry_prefix "hls/4e2de71d7091a7299d501fbc83958798/" -segment_list_type m3u8 -segment_start_number 0 -segment_list "/var/lib/emby-server/transcoding-temp/4e2de71d7091a7299d501fbc83958798.m3u8" -y "/var/lib/emby-server/transcoding-temp/4e2de71d7091a7299d501fbc83958798%d.ts"', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Access denied
          at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo) [0x001ee] in <5641e4edad4f4464ba58c620a7b8ea48>:0
        System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
          at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo) [0x001ee] in <5641e4edad4f4464ba58c620a7b8ea48>:0

2018-01-03 12:27:18.238 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
        *** Error Report ***
        Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby-server -restartpath /usr/lib/emby-server/restart.sh
        Operating system: Unix 4.8.0.36
        User Interactive: False
        Mono: 4.8.1 (Stable 4.8.1.0/22a39d7 Tue May  2 22:26:20 UTC 2017)
        Processor count: 2
        Program data path: /var/lib/emby-server
        Application directory: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin
        System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): ApplicationName='/var/lib/emby-server/ffmpeg/20170308/ffmpeg', CommandLine='-f matroska -i file:"/media/media-admin/multimedia-nas/VIDEOS/CONCERTS/New Year's Concert - Vienna Philharmonic (2017)/New Year's Concert - Vienna Philharmonic.mkv" -map_metadata -1 -map_chapters -1 -threads 0 -sn -codec:v:0 libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -preset veryfast -crf 23 -maxrate 139808000 -bufsize 279616000 -profile:v high -level 4.1 -x264opts:0 subme=0:me_range=4:rc_lookahead=10:me=dia:no_chroma_me:8x8dct=0:partitions=none -force_key_frames "expr:gte(t,n_forced*3)" -flags -global_header -vsync -1 -codec:a:0 aac -strict experimental -ac 2 -ab 192000  -f segment -max_delay 5000000 -avoid_negative_ts disabled -start_at_zero -segment_time 3  -individual_header_trailer 0 -segment_format mpegts -segment_list_entry_prefix "hls/4e2de71d7091a7299d501fbc83958798/" -segment_list_type m3u8 -segment_start_number 0 -segment_list "/var/lib/emby-server/transcoding-temp/4e2de71d7091a7299d501fbc83958798.m3u8" -y "/var/lib/emby-server/transcoding-temp/4e2de71d7091a7299d501fbc83958798%d.ts"', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Access denied
        --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

Edited by xbmcgotham

Since you're on x64 consider switching to our new installation package which can be found on our website. All of this will just work out of the box. It is a brand new installation though so just be aware of that. Thanks.

smerrikin

Edit 1: So I did this to download 
wget https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases/download/3.2.60.0/emby-server-deb_3.2.60.0_amd64.deb
Then installed with dpkg -i emby-server-deb_3.2.60.0_amd64.deb

Output was 

dpkg: warning: downgrading emby-server from 3.2.60.0+65.1 to 3.2.60.0
(Reading database ... 148732 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack emby-server-deb_3.2.60.0_amd64.deb ...
Stopping Emby Server!
Unpacking emby-server (3.2.60.0) over (3.2.60.0+65.1) ...
Setting up emby-server (3.2.60.0) ...
Configuration file '/etc/emby-server.conf'
 ==> Modified (by you or by a script) since installation.
 ==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version.
   What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
    Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
    N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
      D     : show the differences between the versions
      Z     : start a shell to examine the situation
 The default action is to keep your current version.
*** emby-server.conf (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ? y
Installing new version of config file /etc/emby-server.conf ...
Installing new version of config file /etc/init/emby-server.conf ...
Synchronizing state of emby-server.service with SysV init with /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install...
Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable emby-server
Failed to execute operation: File exists
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.23-0ubuntu9) ...
Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-19) ...

This actually solved the playback error I was receiving so that is a plus. 

I am assuming that I will need to remove Emby first and then do those steps again to install the .net core version. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I also just starting getting this message today. 
I reloaded the server last night due to a mess up on downgrading mono. I followed a guide (it's all I know how to do) and it messed up everything. 

I reloaded a backup of my emby and had to rescan all the media last night. 

Today I get the error "Playback Error. No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details."

I'm totally lost right now. 

I try to install Emby .net following the download page but it all it says is to type "dpkg -i emby-server-deb_3.2.60.0_amd64.deb"

Did that but it doesn't work. 

dpkg -i emby-server-deb_3.2.60.0_amd64.deb
dpkg: error processing archive emby-server-deb_3.2.60.0_amd64.deb (--install):
 cannot access archive: No such file or directory
Errors were encountered while processing:
 emby-server-deb_3.2.60.0_amd64.deb

I would love to get my system back up and running but I don't know how. 
I have no issues with starting over again and kinda want to. All my files are still there. 
Edited by smerrikin

If you want to start over then you'd just purge everything from both installs, and then start with the new .deb package. Or if you want to look at the playback issue we can do that too, please attach a server log for that. thanks.

xbmcgotham

Since you're on x64 consider switching to our new installation package which can be found on our website. All of this will just work out of the box. It is a brand new installation though so just be aware of that. Thanks.

Hi,

I removed all emby server installation files using "sudo apt-get remove emby-server" in terminal. (no errors reported in terminal)

After this I downloaded the "emby-server-deb_3.2.60.0_amd64.deb" file from the download site and saved it to the home screen.

Opened terminal and entered the following command "sudo dpkg -i /home/xxx/Desktop/emby-server-deb_3.2.60.0_amd64.deb". This triggered the pop-up installation window and I clicked the install button. It asked for the user password, so I entered it and clicked to continue. I could see the installation button process bar go to 100% and after this it turned into a "remove" button.

After this I rebooted ubuntu and opened the browser with url "http://localhost:8096" and it tells me "Unable to connect".

I go to terminal and execute "sudo service emby-server start" and it tells me "Failed to start emby-server.service: Unit emby-server.service is masked."

Than, not understanding what is going on, not knowing what had happened, I see that the browser page "http://localhost:8096/web/login.html" is opened and asks to login. This is strange as I have not yet gone through ayd config yet. Not knowing the login, I click on the menu icon and go to server settings and dashboard.

Now the problem comes as the dashboard items are not loaded and the loading circle keeps going. This also happens on other pages.

Any idea what is happening and how to fix this? Are their any left over files from the previous installation that are causing the problem? And if so, how to remove these as the remove command was performed successful.

Thanks

Update:  I was lucky only to have installed emby so I did a clean install of Ubuntu and followed the installation steps for the deb file. This time I just clicked the deb file and installed it. After this install, the web interface was working fine again, and the media was streaming without any problems. I guess their were some files left behind after the removal of the emby server that caused the problem. I only have one small question left, which I will post in another section.

Edited by xbmcgotham

smerrikin

I also just reinstalled the server by using 

apt-get remove --purge emby-server

Then 

wget https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases/download/3.2.60.0/emby-server-deb_3.2.60.0_amd64.deb

Then 

Everything seems to install fine. 

Went to mydomain.ca/emby and got the dashboard. 

Loaded the backup plugin, restarted and all my users are there. 

Now it is scanning the Library. This will take at least 3 hours as per usual. 

Will update. 

Hi,

I removed all emby server installation files using "sudo apt-get remove emby-server" in terminal. (no errors reported in terminal)

After this I downloaded the "emby-server-deb_3.2.60.0_amd64.deb" file from the download site and saved it to the home screen.

Opened terminal and entered the following command "sudo dpkg -i /home/xxx/Desktop/emby-server-deb_3.2.60.0_amd64.deb". This triggered the pop-up installation window and I clicked the install button. It asked for the user password, so I entered it and clicked to continue. I could see the installation button process bar go to 100% and after this it turned into a "remove" button.

After this I rebooted ubuntu and opened the browser with url "http://localhost:8096" and it tells me "Unable to connect".

I go to terminal and execute "sudo service emby-server start" and it tells me "Failed to start emby-server.service: Unit emby-server.service is masked."

Than, not understanding what is going on, not knowing what had happened, I see that the browser page "http://localhost:8096/web/login.html" is opened and asks to login. This is strange as I have not yet gone through ayd config yet. Not knowing the login, I click on the menu icon and go to server settings and dashboard.

Now the problem comes as the dashboard items are not loaded and the loading circle keeps going. This also happens on other pages.

Any idea what is happening and how to fix this? Are their any left over files from the previous installation that are causing the problem? And if so, how to remove these as the remove command was performed successful.

Thanks

Update:  I was lucky only to have installed emby so I did a clean install of Ubuntu and followed the installation steps for the deb file. This time I just clicked the deb file and installed it. After this install, the web interface was working fine again, and the media was streaming without any problems. I guess their were some files left behind after the removal of the emby server that caused the problem. I only have one small question left, which I will post in another section.

To answer the question, something in your OS was masked and you could have resolved it by unmasking.

@@alucryd will know more. Thanks.

I also just reinstalled the server by using 

apt-get remove --purge emby-server

Then 

Then 

Everything seems to install fine. 

Went to mydomain.ca/emby and got the dashboard. 

Loaded the backup plugin, restarted and all my users are there. 

Now it is scanning the Library. This will take at least 3 hours as per usual. 

Will update. 

Thanks for the feedback !

smerrikin

Glad to say that it is working somewhat. 

I am getting tons of errors in the logs and it's taken 4 hours and still not even half done scanning TV shows alone. 

All my Metadata is stored in the folders already so it should be quick. 

Logs spoilers - Error App: Error in TheTVDB

2018-01-04 14:45:39.382 Error App: Error in TheTVDB

*** Error Report ***
    Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
    Operating system: Unix 4.9.33.6
    User Interactive: True
    Processor count: 4
    Program data path: /var/lib/emby
    Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
    MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: ServiceUnavailable
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__20.MoveNext()
     at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__17.MoveNext()
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
     at MediaBrowser.Providers.TV.TvdbSeriesProvider.<DownloadSeriesZip>d__24.MoveNext()
     at MediaBrowser.Providers.TV.TvdbSeriesProvider.<DownloadSeriesZip>d__23.MoveNext()
     at MediaBrowser.Providers.TV.TvdbSeriesProvider.<EnsureSeriesInfo>d__30.MoveNext()
     at MediaBrowser.Providers.TV.TvdbSeriesProvider.<GetMetadata>d__21.MoveNext()
     at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.<ExecuteRemoteProviders>d__28.MoveNext()
    MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__20.MoveNext()
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__17.MoveNext()
     at MediaBrowser.Providers.TV.TvdbSeriesProvider.<DownloadSeriesZip>d__24.MoveNext()
     at MediaBrowser.Providers.TV.TvdbSeriesProvider.<DownloadSeriesZip>d__23.MoveNext()
     at MediaBrowser.Providers.TV.TvdbSeriesProvider.<EnsureSeriesInfo>d__30.MoveNext()
     at MediaBrowser.Providers.TV.TvdbSeriesProvider.<GetMetadata>d__21.MoveNext()
     at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.<ExecuteRemoteProviders>d__28.MoveNext()

Log Spoiler - Error ProviderManager: Error in metadata saver - I have a ton of these. 

2018-01-04 14:45:49.756 Error ProviderManager: Error in metadata saver

*** Error Report ***
    Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/home/smerrikin/Media/Shows/Silicon Valley/Season 2/season.nfo' is denied. ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
     --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
     at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
     at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String path, OpenFlags flags, Int32 mode)
     at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileOpenMode mode, FileAccessMode access, FileShareMode share, FileOpenOptions fileOpenOptions)
     at MediaBrowser.XbmcMetadata.Savers.BaseNfoSaver.SaveToFile(Stream stream, String path)
     at MediaBrowser.XbmcMetadata.Savers.BaseNfoSaver.Save(IHasMetadata item, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.SaveMetadata(IHasMetadata item, ItemUpdateType updateType, IEnumerable`1 savers)
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException
     at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
     at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String path, OpenFlags flags, Int32 mode)
     at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileOpenMode mode, FileAccessMode access, FileShareMode share, FileOpenOptions fileOpenOptions)
     at MediaBrowser.XbmcMetadata.Savers.BaseNfoSaver.SaveToFile(Stream stream, String path)
     at MediaBrowser.XbmcMetadata.Savers.BaseNfoSaver.Save(IHasMetadata item, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.SaveMetadata(IHasMetadata item, ItemUpdateType updateType, IEnumerable`1 savers)
    InnerException: System.IO.IOException

System.IO.IOException: Permission denied

Logs Spoiler - Error App: Error in ffprobe

2018-01-04 14:52:23.271 Error App: Error in ffprobe
*** Error Report ***
System.Exception: ffprobe failed - streams and format are both null.
   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Encoder.MediaEncoder.<GetMediaInfoInternal>d__61.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.Providers.MediaInfo.FFProbeVideoInfo.<ProbeVideo>d__15`1.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.<RunCustomProvider>d__26.MoveNext()
System.Exception
   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Encoder.MediaEncoder.<GetMediaInfoInternal>d__61.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.Providers.MediaInfo.FFProbeVideoInfo.<ProbeVideo>d__15`1.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.<RunCustomProvider>d__26.MoveNext()

Logs Spoiler - Error in The Open Movie Database

2018-01-04 13:30:03.694 Error App: Error in The Open Movie Database
*** Error Report ***
MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Connection to https://www.omdbapi.com?apikey=fe53f97e&plot=full&r=json&t=This+Is+Us&type=series timed out ---> System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
   at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.<FinishSendAsyncBuffered>d__58.MoveNext()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Omdb.OmdbItemProvider.<GetSearchResultsInternal>d__12.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Omdb.OmdbItemProvider.<GetSeriesImdbId>d__21.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Omdb.OmdbItemProvider.<GetMetadata>d__17.MoveNext()
MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException
   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Omdb.OmdbItemProvider.<GetSearchResultsInternal>d__12.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Omdb.OmdbItemProvider.<GetSeriesImdbId>d__21.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Omdb.OmdbItemProvider.<GetMetadata>d__17.MoveNext()
InnerException: System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException
System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()

1 - tvdb returning unavailable status. 

2 - you enabled nfo saving but emby server doesn't have write access to the folder

3 - not sure, but occasionally ffprobe will fail with some files

4 - your connection to the omdb api timed out.

smerrikin

1 - tvdb returning unavailable status. 

2 - you enabled nfo saving but emby server doesn't have write access to the folder

3 - not sure, but occasionally ffprobe will fail with some files

4 - your connection to the omdb api timed out.

Awesome. Thanks for your knowledge. 

Only thing I can fix is #2 but I am unsure how. 

This is my filesystem

Stuff gets downloaded to rtorrent directory. Then its copied by filebot to Movies or TV in torrents directory. 

/home/smerrikin/torrents/Movies/

/home/smerrikin/torrents/Shows/

Nightly I "copy" all files from /home/smerrikin/torrents/Movies/ and /home/smerrikin/torrents/Shows/ to GDrive using rclone

I have the GDrive mounted at /home/smerrikin/crypt/ and it has /home/smerrikin/crypt/Shows/ adn /home/smerrikin/crypt/Movies/

Then I use unionfs to join the /home/smerrikin/crypt/ and the /home/smerrikin/torrents/ and this is called /home/smerrikin/Media/ and in it is the Shows and Movies from GDrive and the server. 

Emby points to /home/smerrikin/Media/Shows and /home/smerrikin/Media/Movies/

The NFOs are in the directories with the files but the crypt isn't writeable. 

archangelz

I have the exact same problem in Windows also after installing 3.2.60. I am not sure if this is just isolated to Linux. 

Looking at the logs it was something to do with FFMPEG not starting properly. Reinstalled and it's okay now

Edited by archangelz

I'm getting the playback error with mp3 music files with 3.2.60.0 using the latest download and a fresh install. My movie files seem to play fine, but the mp3 files stop playing in the us with errors in the log that look like this...

2018-01-09 20:41:04.334 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://monolith.local:8096/emby/Audio/c087548f48b36b7a568efb3ee63e6b44/universal?UserId=2d030da83e2a47978969dbbe964c9017&DeviceId=fa6efbf20c839fecfd80611ed22d2b2dd513eabe&MaxStreamingBitrate=140000000&Container=opus,mp3|mp3,aac,m4a|aac,flac,webma,webm,wav,ogg&TranscodingContainer=ts&TranscodingProtocol=hls&AudioCodec=aac&PlaySessionId=1515559258102&StartTimeTicks=0&EnableRedirection=true&EnableRemoteMedia=false. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:59.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/59.02018-01-09 20:41:04.336 Info App: User policy for User. EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding: True2018-01-09 20:41:04.336 Info App: Profile: Unknown Profile, No direct play profiles found for Path: /home/media/Music/Best_of_the_Best_a_Holiday_Collection/02 I'll Be Home for Christmas.mp32018-01-09 20:41:04.336 Info App: Profile: Unknown Profile, No direct play profiles found for Path: /home/media/Music/Best_of_the_Best_a_Holiday_Collection/02 I'll Be Home for Christmas.mp32018-01-09 20:41:04.336 Info App: Profile: Unknown Profile, No direct play profiles found for Path: /home/media/Music/Best_of_the_Best_a_Holiday_Collection/02 I'll Be Home for Christmas.mp32018-01-09 20:41:04.338 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.11.144. Time: 4ms. http://monolith.local:8096/emby/Audio/c087548f48b36b7a568efb3ee63e6b44/universal?UserId=2d030da83e2a47978969dbbe964c9017&DeviceId=fa6efbf20c839fecfd80611ed22d2b2dd513eabe&MaxStreamingBitrate=140000000&Container=opus,mp3|mp3,aac,m4a|aac,flac,webma,webm,wav,ogg&TranscodingContainer=ts&TranscodingProtocol=hls&AudioCodec=aac&PlaySessionId=1515559258102&StartTimeTicks=0&EnableRedirection=true&EnableRemoteMedia=false 2018-01-09 20:41:04.342 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://monolith.local:8096/emby/Audio/c087548f48b36b7a568efb3ee63e6b44/live.m3u8?UserId=2d030da83e2a47978969dbbe964c9017&DeviceId=fa6efbf20c839fecfd80611ed22d2b2dd513eabe&MaxStreamingBitrate=140000000&Container=opus,mp3|mp3,aac,m4a|aac,flac,webma,webm,wav,ogg&TranscodingContainer=ts&TranscodingProtocol=hls&AudioCodec=aac&PlaySessionId=1515559258102&StartTimeTicks=0&EnableRedirection=true&EnableRemoteMedia=false&SegmentContainer=ts. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:59.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/59.02018-01-09 20:41:04.342 Error HttpServer: Could not find handler for /emby/Audio/c087548f48b36b7a568efb3ee63e6b44/live.m3u82018-01-09 20:41:04.342 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 404 to 192.168.11.144. Time: 0ms. http://monolith.local:8096/emby/Audio/c087548f48b36b7a568efb3ee63e6b44/live.m3u8?UserId=2d030da83e2a47978969dbbe964c9017&DeviceId=fa6efbf20c839fecfd80611ed22d2b2dd513eabe&MaxStreamingBitrate=140000000&Container=opus,mp3|mp3,aac,m4a|aac,flac,webma,webm,wav,ogg&TranscodingContainer=ts&TranscodingProtocol=hls&AudioCodec=aac&PlaySessionId=1515559258102&StartTimeTicks=0&EnableRedirection=true&EnableRemoteMedia=false&SegmentContainer=ts 2018-01-09 20:41:04.347 Info HttpServer: HTTP POST http://monolith.local:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:59.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/59.02018-01-09 20:41:04.350 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 204 to 192.168.11.144. Time: 3ms. http://monolith.local:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing 2018-01-09 20:41:04.491 Info HttpServer: HTTP POST http://monolith.local:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing/Stopped. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:59.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/59.02018-01-09 20:41:04.493 Info SessionManager: Playback stopped reported by app Emby Mobile 3.2.60.0 playing 02 I'll Be Home for Christmas. Stopped at 0 ms2018-01-09 20:41:04.500 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 204 to 192.168.11.144. Time: 9ms. http://monolith.local:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing/Stopped 2018-01-09 20:41:08.785 Info HttpServer: HTTP POST http://monolith.local:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing/Stopped. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:59.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/59.02018-01-09 20:41:08.788 Info SessionManager: Playback stopped reported by app Emby Mobile 3.2.60.0 playing 02 I'll Be Home for Christmas. Stopped at 0 ms