App Relaunching every time I use aTV

adrianwi

adrianwi

I've recently updated to 3.2.60 and noticed an aTV update around the same time, but ever since when I use my Apple TV and start emby it seems to be restarting (i.e. connecting to the server and logging into the selected user).  Is this new behaviour?

It also seems to be taking a lot longer, although this might be because it tended to open up and active session so seemed quicker?

hi @@adrianwi, are you saying the entire app is restarting, or are you asking about the fact that you have to login again? Just trying to understand. Thanks.

adrianwi

Before the 2 emby updates when I came back to my aTV to watch something on emby it gave the impression the app was still running and it was just switching from whatever else the aTV was doing.  I rarely saw the startup message and the auto-login screen.  Now, every time I come back to my aTV I seem to be seeing both the startup and auto-login screen which makes me think emby has restarted.  It also takes about 10-20 seconds to complete, making the experience feel slow.  Maybe its something to do with the aTV but just seemed strange it coincided with updated to the emby app and server.

Hi. We do make sure that the app auto logs out now because there were issues with leaving it running indefinitely. However, it should be restarting in the background.

How quickly does your device go to sleep?

adrianwi

I think it's set to 5 hours, but it might be 10.  It doesn't seem to be restarting in the background for me and having to manually restart it every now and again was much better than having it connect and log in every time I want to use emby.