photos not being found and displayed

Braqoon

Hi All,

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but Emby can't find any of my photos. It found all my music and videos. I got correct file permissions on all folders. Logs show not a single problem. Am I missing something simple ? This is not a client issue as this happens on web or android client. Server add all the folders with pictures but when i go to the folder, it's empty. I have few folders with mix of videos and pictures and videos are there.

My setup: Ubuntu 16.04, emby installed from package, v 3.2.60.0.

I have forced rescan of folders, added/removed and changed folder type but nothing happens.

eg. logs :

2017-12-30 21:00:49.371 Info HttpServer: HTTP POST http://emby:8096/Items/10e9dda2d7d0e16e1a052dbb7b5607e1/Refresh?Recursive=true&ImageRefreshMode=FullRefresh&MetadataRefreshMode=FullRefresh&ReplaceAllImages=true&ReplaceAllMetadata=true. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/62.0.3202.75 Safari/537.36

and i got no errors after it or no info that anything has been added, debug logs are on.

Thanks

Hi, library type on folder is Home videos & photos. I have started tinkering more and found that my tests were wrong. I have created 3 media library folders, one for music, one for videos and one for videos and photos:

eg:

Music = /storage/music

Movies = /storage/album

Videos & Photos = /storage/album

Test = /storage/test

I have created Test library but i have placed it in /storage/album/test and found that emby sees that as a duplicate and did not scanned. When I moved my Test folder to /storage/test, all worked fine and photos have been found without issue. As I have created Video library first it seems that Videos & Photos have been ignored to some degree but strange as emby have recognised all folders and videos in Videos & Photos but no pictures.

I have removed this setup and for now added just Videos & Photos. I can already see that images are being found. I'm going to wait till scanning is complete and then add Video (with Movies type library (with same folder as Videos & Photos) to see if that will work and Videos will be scanned fine.

My videos and photos live in together and i don't want to change it as this is all sorted in folders as i want it, but Movies Library type creates wall of videos in the player without folders which is great. I don't want to browse though folders like in Videos & Photos library type in hunt for videos, there is just too many of them, hence I want to have two library folders in emby feeding from one location but with different presentation.

I will update on how it's going later.

Edited by Braqoon

Ok yes the issue is adding the same folder twice. You can only do that if the content types are the same, although we wouldn't really recommend it at all. Thanks.

Ok yes the issue is adding the same folder twice. You can only do that if the content types are the same, although we wouldn't really recommend it at all. Thanks.

Well, OK so how can i get list of all of my home videos on a single wall as Movies library type shows but without changing my current directory structure ? I want to have Videos category as separate wall so I can quickly select videos to play.

Obviously Photos (Home videos & photos) library stays on.

Braqoon

Currently that's not supported. If they are in the same folder then they will be one library

Thanks.

What are the chances for this feature to be added ? I multiple folders with thousands of pictures and videos. Video wall acts as a quick filter to show all videos i have. Asking another way is is there a way to filter all my content and only display videos found without folder structure ?

Thanks.

We plan to support smart playlists. Despite the word playlists it really means dynamic categories based on criteria of your choosing. That is one possible way this could be done, and then you could create custom categories based on media type filters. As of right now a given folder should only appear in emby library setup once.