Switch Audio language and Subtitles on MKV

bidusfr

bidusfr

Hello,

Excuse my poor English I'm from France.

I use Mediabrowser (Version 2.X) since many years, I just brought a Intel NUC to replace my old HTPC and I I have installed Mediabrowser3 classic.

Alsmost everything works great, the version 3 is really great. I have followed a tutorial from the forum with LAV codecs and filters. I don't use an external player like Media player Classic or VLC, just the regular windows media player linked into windows media center. I have done the configuration in almost no time very easily.

I have one issue, when I playback a MKV where there is several language like French and English, and also subtitles French, ENglish, French Forced. There is no way to change language and/or subtitles with the remote center remote. The only way is to go on the task bar with a mouse, right click on LAV Icon and change the language and/ord the subtitles.

Is there a way to do that with the remote control ?

In my previous HTPC configuration (Mediabrowser 2.x), I used FFDSHOW and also a plugin called "media Control" but it was not very stable, sometime the plugin did not start or stop working.

Could you please let me know if something exist with LAV codecs ? To change language and/ord subtitles during palyback.

Thank you in advance.

Bidus

bidusfr

Hello Saitoh,

I have seen your post, but it does not work with a remote, the shortcuts for changing language and/or subtitles must be keyboard shotcuts.

Maybe I'm wrong but that is what I understand, I agree wiith you that "Media Control" it is not Waf compliant at all.

Hoping that someone have a solution.

Thnak you anyway.

Bidus

What remote are you using?  A lot of programmable ones can be configured to send keystrokes.

saitoh183

Yeah, 

I have a VRC-1100 on one of my media center and i put the Down key as my Subtitle Switcher since Down does nothing during playback in MB Classic

Edited by saitoh183

bidusfr

Hello,

I'm using a regular Infrared MCE remote. Can't programme keystroke like a keyboard.

@Saitoh when you say : "put the Down key as my Subtitle Switcher" where do you setup that ? on MCE Remote plus ?

Let me know

Bidus

saitoh183

Hello,

I'm using a regular Infrared MCE remote. Can't programme keystroke like a keyboard.

@Saitoh when you say : "put the Down key as my Subtitle Switcher" where do you setup that ? on MCE Remote plus ?

Let me know

Bidus

Yes just open the config press on the edit button and hit the down key on your remote 

bidusfr

Hello,

So I have tested your solution saitoh with MCE Remote Plus. And I did not get the WAF on it. So I go back to the media control solution. With LAV & FFdshow codecs. I was only with LAV codecs (very easy to implement with the forum tutorial)

I think that is something to improve, here after what It could look like :

- When I playback a movie with 2 audio Stream (for example English audio and French Audio) and also 3 subtitles French, French Forced and English.

- If I want to change the audio and/or subtitle, I just hit a button on my remote, then appears a popup menu with 5 radios buttons :

. Audio English

. Audio French

. Sub French

. Sub French Forced

. English

- If I want to watch the movie in French with French sub Forced, I just selct the radios of each the I hit enter in the remote

- The language and the subtitles change according with my choices.

Hope this feature will appear one day.

Bidusfr

saitoh183

Hello,

So I have tested your solution saitoh with MCE Remote Plus. And I did not get the WAF on it. So I go back to the media control solution. With LAV & FFdshow codecs. I was only with LAV codecs (very easy to implement with the forum tutorial)

I think that is something to improve, here after what It could look like :

- When I playback a movie with 2 audio Stream (for example English audio and French Audio) and also 3 subtitles French, French Forced and English.

- If I want to change the audio and/or subtitle, I just hit a button on my remote, then appears a popup menu with 5 radios buttons :

. Audio English

. Audio French

. Sub French

. Sub French Forced

. English

- If I want to watch the movie in French with French sub Forced, I just selct the radios of each the I hit enter in the remote

- The language and the subtitles change according with my choices.

Hope this feature will appear one day.

Bidusfr

Sorry to hear. Media control would be good if it wasnt so buggy and cause WMC to crash randomly. MCERemote does everything Media Control can but is more stable because it doesnt hook into WMC and only depends on the proper config of the FFDshow (which there isnt really nothing to config) but you can also use Vobsub if you wish. There is a key to cycle through Subs and audio but just doesnt show them on screen.

bidusfr

Agreed Saitoh, the main issue I have on MCEremote is the key to cycle, I succeed to make it work once, then the key is inoperate, you can change language from French to English but then no way to go back to French until you restart the movie.

I'm OK also on the way it work, much better to do that with a change parameter direct to FFdshow or Vobsub but as you said you have no feedback that is why the WAF does not work.

Hope on day we will have something working.

Thanks anyway for your help.

Bidus

saitoh183

Agreed Saitoh, the main issue I have on MCEremote is the key to cycle, I succeed to make it work once, then the key is inoperate, you can change language from French to English but then no way to go back to French until you restart the movie.

I'm OK also on the way it work, much better to do that with a change parameter direct to FFdshow or Vobsub but as you said you have no feedback that is why the WAF does not work.

Hope on day we will have something working.

Thanks anyway for your help.

Bidus

Yeah im still trying to see if i can get it to work with Vobsub instead of FFDshow to see if that will allow proper cycling