emby server-douban database

wangfei

• 1 year later...

Is it possible that this plugin will help download original information for Korean, Chinese, and Japanese movies.. but metadata in English from original name.. I do have my preferred language set to English for metadata with no preference for images.

The reason I am asking this question about the plugin is because Asian movies are notoriously mis-identified by other metadata providers... Two things I have done to help identify them correctly has been to make sure an IMDb number is embedded ( catalog ID's are ignored from what I can tell ), and I embed the original title in the original language from the country of origin.. Online searches actually render the correct movie when using the original names and characters. For example...

14 Blades (錦衣衛) 2010 1080p.mkv = 

Title Tag: 錦衣衛

IMDb ID Tag: tt1442571

...all remaining metadata is in English... I embed original language covers.. ( be good for Rosetta Stone one day )... usually I get this..

04_11.2021_225807.thumb.jpg.f81784cfa6e384bd8ad263b89b26ba75.jpg

I ask this because of what I mention above.. renders this occasionally.

White Night (백야행 하얀 어둠 속을 걷다) 2009 1080p.mkv=

Title Tag: 백야행 하얀 어둠 속을 걷다

Catalog ID: 51393

MetaX Embedded:

04_11.2021_230743.jpg.279e4ece850b65366ee7d508a410205d.jpg

EMBY after rescan and Refresh of metadata.. ( I don't think I would ever have Whitesnake in my movie collection )

04_11.2021_230453.thumb.jpg.e6e3c285065b1aa0c32ab3ee7da89547.jpg

..and the one little movie called 'The Fearless Freaks' is also mis-identified.. it is a Jet Li movie called 'Fearless (霍元甲)'... There are quite  a few movies I have to edit this way to get them to identify correctly.

My objective is to get my files to be able to scan in and load more accurately on server rebuild and import with minimal work.. Somewhere where I can say I am done editing my metadata and start to use the media instead of work on it.

Edited by Guest

Hi, did you try it? I'm not sure the Douban plugin works anymore now that Douban has gone commercial. It's something we need to look at and unfortunately we may potentially have to remove it.

I see.. I did notice this at the site... as I have actually landed there in online searches for metadata in my browser.. You may be right..