emby server-douban database

wangfei

Douban.com is a great database of chinese movie amd TV.Support for chinese TV servies is great。Can you add a douban scraper or a new database plug-in!!!thankyou!

Hi, it's possible for the future, thanks !

That's excellent !! Adding douban database will greatly optimize the chinses experience .hope it won't be too late.I will also promote emby in chinese BBS

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's now a Douban metadata provider plugin in the Emby plugin catalog. It requires Emby Server 4.2+, which is currently in beta.

Currently the plugin only supports movie metadata, but if there's enough community participation then perhaps we'll add support for TV and Music.

Please try it out and report your experience. Thanks !

• 4 weeks later...
yan8787

Douban metadata is great, expecting it to support TV shows.........

There's now a Douban metadata provider plugin in the Emby plugin catalog. It requires Emby Server 4.2+, which is currently in beta.

Currently the plugin only supports movie metadata, but if there's enough community participation then perhaps we'll add support for TV and Music.

• 3 weeks later...

hello, i'm from china too. maybe there's something wrong with the douban plugin.

i searched "the matrix" and select "replace existing images", however the image i got is this

5d53c91fa4f8f_QQ20190814163223.png

this is what i searched and the page of douban.

5d53c8fb66a2a_QQ20190814163331.png

5d53c93529c60_QQ20190814162821.png

i don't know where the wrong pic comes from :wacko:

Did you check the image editor to see where it might have come from?

i don't know.

i selected "douban" only in the movie metadata downloaders, and identified "the matrix 2" again. However, see this:

5d54ceabcd4c3_QQ20190815081511.png

All the information is right, but the image and background is from "2 Fast 2 Furious". When i click the image, it shows this:

5d54d008c8ff9_QQ20190815081529.png

i don't know how to learn where it comes from.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, How does the Douban scraper work? When I encounter a movie of the same name, I don't know how to adjust the file name.

@@xfcc15 It uses the file name to search for metadata on Douban. I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Can you please discuss an example? Thanks.

@@xfcc15 It uses the file name to search for metadata on Douban. I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Can you please discuss an example? Thanks.

wow, thanks for your reply.   

I downloaded "memento", it should be related to https://movie.douban.com/subject/1304447/   but it related to https://movie.douban.com/subject/24826968/  

Also, some movies can't scraper on Douban,like " Captain.America " So, I want to know the scraper's rules, it will helps me to find the right movie information

moneycwq

Similarly, Chinese users will be eager to use douban. Chinese culture is very important. China has a market of 1.4 billion people. I hope that we can increase our support for Chinese films. Similarly, I also purchased a lifetime membership.

• 2 weeks later...

wow, thanks for your reply.   

I downloaded "memento", it should be related to https://movie.douban.com/subject/1304447/   but it related to https://movie.douban.com/subject/24826968/  

Also, some movies can't scraper on Douban,like " Captain.America " So, I want to know the scraper's rules, it will helps me to find the right movie information

@@xfcc15, there's not much to it. We basically take the filename and enter it into the douban search engine. Does that answer your question?

@@xfcc15, there's not much to it. We basically take the filename and enter it into the douban search engine. Does that answer your question?

@Luke  Yeah, if the search results are wrong, how do I manually correct them

@Luke  Yeah, if the search results are wrong, how do I manually correct them

The Identify feature. Have you tried that?

Aha, no, how to use the identify feature?  Thanks for your reply

Have you explored the 3-dot menu for the movie? 3-dot menu, then select Identify. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.