How do I add online radios?

bigeyez
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

​Hi

​I listen some online radios in other apps so I have them in nicely organized .pls and m3u. I want to move my radio listening to Emby but I cant seem to find a proper way to do it. I added an .m3u as liveTV for now. It works, I mean it is ok with some issues

- The channel has to be open to listen, leaving the play back for browsing other media stops the stream naturally. I am guessing it is a Tv watching design thing. 

- It takes time for the streaming to start, much longer than other apps with same radios

​I am wondering if there is another way to listen onlinbe radios with Emby.

​thanks

It only accepts one at a time. I think a nice enchantment would be to accept a list and display as a folder.

Ok.

The new addition could be really useful. It is a bit tediuous to migrate from a long m3u to Emby. I have couple m3us with hundreds of stations ;(

• 1 year later...

I'm looking into STRM files. I created a new library called Radio. My folder structure :

/media

/media/radio

/media/radio/some radio

in the last folder I have stored "some radio.strm". The file contains one line: http://somedomain.com:9999/some-radio

This is the correct url (my own internet jukebox) and am using both web browser access with player, as well as Internet radio on my HIFI tranceiver. So I knowit is working. However, the strm file won't play in Emby. I tested with VLC and it works as it should.

I also tested in VLC by using this line in the strm file "http://somedomain.com:9999/some-radio.m3u".Works as well, but not in Emby.

Please your advice.

EDIT : The log file says :

Error HttpServer Could not find handler for /emby/"Audio/long_string"/live.m3u8

Info HttpServer Response 404 (refers to called URL my_server_ip:8096/emby/.../live.m3u8?lots of parameters&TranscodeReasons=ContainerNotSupported)

Edited by Polar

I'm looking into STRM files. I created a new library called Radio. My folder structure :

/media

/media/radio

/media/radio/some radio

in the last folder I have stored "some radio.strm". The file contains one line: http://somedomain.com:9999/some-radio

This is the correct url (my own internet jukebox) and am using both web browser access with player, as well as Internet radio on my HIFI tranceiver. So I knowit is working. However, the strm file won't play in Emby. I tested with VLC and it works as it should.

I also tested in VLC by using this line in the strm file "http://somedomain.com:9999/some-radio.m3u".Works as well, but not in Emby.

Please your advice.

Hi there, please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

Ok, we're about to have a new release and there will be a lot of improvements in this area. Can we re-evaluate this after that? Thanks !

Sure. I'm just beginning to evaluate Emby. This was one of my "Most Wanted" after Plex removed this feature ;). Any ETA on the new release? How will I be notified?

mistercoffee

Any day now. Your server dashboard will let you know. Thanks.

@@Luke, what version or release number should we be on the lookout for regarding this? Thanks!

mistercoffee

Hi @@Luke,

I've tried this under the new 4.0.0.2 (MacOS) and perhaps I'm not configuring it correctly...

Like @@Polar above I have media/Radio/some_station/some_station.strm

The contents of some_station.strm is this one line: http://stream0.wfmu.org/ichiban which is a valid mp3 stream in a regular browser window. I've tried setting up a new Library as music, movies and audiobooks with no success. In each case, I can't even see the content in the library unless I use the Emby "folder" view -- and even then, I can drill down to the folder but not the strm file itself.

I suspect I'm missing something :)

Help?

Did you run a library scan? I have strm files for testing in both music and audio book libraries. No problems there.

mistercoffee

Did you run a library scan? I have strm files for testing in both music and audio book libraries. No problems there.

Oh man, total bonehead mistake...my text editor changed the file ext to '.strm.txt' and I just noticed. False alarm, sorry!

Still a no go on my windows 10 server. Latest 4.0.1.0 installed. Strange thing is that when web browse to the folder radio, I do not see an actual icon called "Harrys Radio". I only see Recently played and Frequently Played (see picture). Log is attached. Did a rescan.

Update: looks like .m3u is not supported in Chrome and Roku. I did play on the Android app. Created a strm file with the URL without m3u extension, Now it is working :)

A remark: The new radio channel is not displaying after a rescan. A search does include it in the results. Shouldn't there be a new icon for the new found item? (tested on Win Chrome, Android app, Roku3)

Remark 2 : Windows Chrome has a player in the bottom. The android app does not have a player, and the only way to stop playback is to leave the app. Roku3 is OK.

embyserver.txt

post-390361-0-62320300-1548266527_thumb.jpg

Edited by Polar

As I wrote : playing fine chrome web, Android app and roku app. (by not using the m3u extension). But have a look at my "remarks/comments"

Android app says it is up to date, so I assume there is a new release on the way ? ETA ?

This still leaves me with the strange fact (as mentioned above) that there is no icon for the radio channel. Not in my Windows web browser, not on Android, not on Roku. And each platform has its own peculiarities.

Let's start with the web browser issue. No icon for the radio channel, only this :

(See radio-library.JPG)

But when I do a search I get this:

(See search.JPG)

But hey, the radio IS playing in my web browser WITH player in the bottom :)

The Roku app is another story. The recently played and Frequently Played is showing a spinning wheel, not is listed, no tracks, nothing. But doing a search gives me the radio channel and can pick it from there.

Please try the next update to the Android app. Thanks.

post-390361-0-51773300-1548595449_thumb.jpg

post-390361-0-74449800-1548595459_thumb.jpg

Edited by Polar