stoping a video does not allow to continue from same point but instead shows as watched

Dariusz

Dariusz

So I have this issue where whenever I stop a video playing through kodi from my emby server, it goes straight into a checkmark (completed) instead of the half circle which should allow me to continue from the stopped point.. A little bit on the background of how it happened.. Basically I have 2 NAS running with one having emby server on it.. NAS1 has videos1 and emby server, while NAS2 has videos2.. Videos1 when played through any device I can stop and continue from the stopped point when I play through kodi.. Videos2 has been added to emby library using smb:// and those videos when i play using kodi do no allow me to continue playback after a stop and mark the file as completed.. I attached a log and between 11:08 and 11:10 today i tried playing some videos and stopping them so you can have a look.. you can also search for "agents" or "blacklist" to locate it quicker.. thanks..

Log Dec 23-2017.txt

kodi.log

Edited by Dariusz
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Try refreshing your content in the webclient to force Emby to detect the runtime of your files. This issue happens when the runtime is missing. If it still doesn't work, I suggest you post in the server section for more help on runtime missing. 

Edited by Angelblue05

Dariusz

Try refreshing your content in the webclient to force Emby to detect the runtime of your files. This issue happens when the runtime is missing. If it still doesn't work, I suggest you post in the server section for more help on runtime missing. 

I tried refreshing metadata multiple times, with no luck.. will see what the mod in nas server section says.. thanks..

• Like 1

Dariusz

I have been having this issue since I started using SMB location to view video files stored on another NAS.. basically when i stop a video while watching through kodi, video gets flagged as watched and i can not restart video from the point where i stopped.. this only happens to videos that have been added to emby server using SMB location.. I already have tried to refresh all metadata to rescan files and still same issue.. I have also posted on kodi section and they have told me to post here as it will be issue on emby server end.. below is a link to kodi section where i posted my log files... please let me know if there is anything else i can try to fix this..

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/54088-stoping-a-video-does-not-allow-to-continue-from-same-point-instead-shows-as-watched/

Dariusz

Hi, does this happen in the web app?

yes.. if i go into emby server through browser and watch a video it does not show full runtime but instead buffers, even if i stop video after watching 10min it will show as watched instead of being able to later resume from the 10min mark.

Hi, try refreshing it from the web app detail screen using the 3 dot menu, then click refresh metadata. Thanks.

Dariusz

Hi, try refreshing it from the web app detail screen using the 3 dot menu, then click refresh metadata. Thanks.

if you mean to go to settings--library-scan library--refresh all metadata, then i have already tried that multiple times with no luck.. latest scan being earlier this morning..

• Like 1

Dariusz

can you please try that again and then attach the emby server log? thanks.

sure.. i have refreshed all metadata last night and today at 10:30am.. took just a bit over 1hr.. same issue.. stopped a file after 5min and still marked as completed.. 

Log 12-26-2017.txt

Dariusz

Ok, this is the same issue as here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/53912-problemas-con-subtitulos-que-no-aparecen/?p=522239

related to probing with the smb: protocol. So please follow that topic. Thanks.

is this the correct link? it came up as subtitle issue topic in spanish

UPDATE:

I did a translate on it and i will follow whats going on there.. thank you

Edited by Dariusz

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, try refreshing the title from the web app detail screen using the 3 dot menu, then click refresh metadata. See if that fills in the runtime. Thanks. 

Dariusz

Hi, try refreshing the title from the web app detail screen using the 3 dot menu, then click refresh metadata. See if that fills in the runtime. Thanks. 

I refreshed all metadata and still no change on 3.2.70

Dariusz

@@Dariusz can you show a screenshot of the video detail page? thanks !

I hope this is the right info you need.. still I get transcoding on when watching files added through smb.. i added two files.. first one is from smb source from which all videos transcode and second one is from local folder which is fine.. doesnt matter if i use kodi or watch from webplayer (browser), the smb location is always transcoding and wen file is stopped it gets marked as complete..

5a6a74fe118c3_video1.jpg5a6a7511b9fd7_video2.jpg

Dariusz

@@Dariusz, can you refresh the content from the detail screen again and then attach the emby server log? thanks.

i did a refresh of one file and selected replace all metadata and ran the file to see if any change and then collected the log.. same issue after refresh..

Log jan 26-2018.txt

• 2 weeks later...
alucryd

Could you share the content of your smb.conf file on the server hosting the shares? Or is that a windows server?

Dariusz

Could you share the content of your smb.conf file on the server hosting the shares? Or is that a windows server?

it's running on asustor NAS.. where would I find the smb.conf file?

UPDATE..

I tried to search for the file and the only location i found through search was in the kodi application folder, which i doubt has anything to do with emby..

Edited by Dariusz

Dariusz

@@alucryd do you know where he can find the smb.conf file?

ok so I have sort of fixed my issue.. more like i went around it.. I have my emby server running on NAS1 and any videos I add from NAS2 using smb://NAS2ip in emby would result in files being transcoded and me not being able to pause and restart from sopped point.. so I ended up mounting NAS2 folders directly on NAS1 using the shared folder in asustor Access Control panel.. this way emby server on NAS1 sees the folders from NAS2 as local and everything is working as it should now for me..