local language for title/banners/... and french synopsis

cdaou

Dear all,

I have multiple languages as source for my movies/shows,.. the audio is in the local language, with french subs

I would like to keep the title and the info of the movie in the local language, but the synopsis in french.

my way of splitting the movies/shows is easy, each language has its own library.

so let's consider my english titles.... I would like to be able to scrub a library with english title / banners / etc, but french synopsis.

it there any way to do that ?

Cheers.

C

Hi, yes but you'd have to manually pick the images you want. So for example, you could set your metadata language to french and then manually download english images. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Dear Luke,

thank you so much for your help, but that would also mean that I have to change every title.

let's consider my english movies :

a - I create a library called English movies, I add the folder, setting up the scrubber as english, I get the titles in english, the synopsis in english, the images in english... I have to correct all the synopsis to change them to french...

b - I create a library called English movies, I add the folder, setting up the scrubber as french, I get the titles in french, the synopsis in french, the images in french... I have to correct all the images and titles to english...

far from being optimal. I was hoping there would be another way.

Cheers,

C

Edited by cdaou

We would have to add additional settings. It's possible for the future, but we don't have that right now. Thanks.

Luke,

your response time is amazing, I am really very thankful,

truth been told this "issue" is a problem for me as I would have to re-edit all my entries (I have quite a lot), I do not really like calling it an issue as it is done by design, and not a bug.

I currently am using plex but have to say that it is less responsive than emby, and I am really looking forward to moving to your tool.

I am even considering getting a premium account as I truly believe that your effort deserves the humble price you are asking for.

do not consider that as "if you do not add this option I won't get the premium" but what are the chances of seeing this feature added in an acceptable future ?

you have to understand that having a consistency in the naming convention (all being in english) while retaining the french as a synopsis (to ease up the life for my wife/kids) is a must for me... all the movies/shows are subbed in french, but for them to be able to browse through the library it has to be in french, otherwise they won't use it, making my work of maintaining the library useless... lol

Cheers,

C

Luke,

I decided to start moving things around and got my premium right away.

my wife loves the look and feel of your app, so I guess I did not have much choice... lol

I hope you will add an option to allow a split language between metadata. ideally (I am thinking out of the box as this goes beyond my own requirement) you could implement a variable per field where a user could decide for each field which language he wants, rather than a global one. this way you are 100% sure you can cover any crazy requirement.

I picked up a small bug in the selection process, I will find the proper place in the forum to see if it has already been presented and will document it.

Cheers,

C

ps : merry christmas to all of the people in the forum