Question about formatting

socketman

socketman

I have a WMC server that i keep all my MKV's on to serve to 2 xbox 360's . I have been doing this for many years with minor issue's along the way. Something new occurred tonight with how the movie is being displayed on one of my systems with a 720p plasma.  I use 2 programs to make matroska files to play on my system. I use Divx converter  most of the time but i also have a custom setup that i use with HandBrake. The movie that is giving issues was done with handbrake and when its played you can see the blue background of the splash screen around the edges of the movie . I used Mediaingo to compar this particular movie with another done with Divx converter and the only thing i see different is that the Divx movie says the file is Matroska Version 1 where as the one done with handbrake is Version 2/ Version 4 and honestly i dont even understand enough to know if that is whats causing my issue. The same file play's fine on my 1080P TV.  Could this be something to do with the theme that is being used?? Any input would really be appreciated.

Richard

socketman

Sorry for the late reply, work and what not. Anyway i am not sure what you mean by playing it in the web player. I dont play the movies on the computer only on my Xbox 360. As i said it plays fine on a 1080p panel.

socketman, I do not know if I can help you but because of what you say It seems that they are only with a few movies with which you have that problem so it seems that the problem is when coding them, by the codec or bitrate used and that affects to 720p TV. My advice is that you use another type of decoder or try with another format codec, when I need to convert to another format, I used the Wondershare program and I've never had the problem you say. About the theme used I do not think it has anything to do with the rest of the movies, there's no problem.

Sorry I can't have more ideas. Happy Xmas

socketman

Ok, sorry for the late response. This was on my sons tv and i misunderstood what he was doing. I solved the blueborder issue by using the xml.config for his xbox on the server. I didnt realize how long it had been the way it was on his tv , i had done this mod on my own tv long ago. For whatever reason he had been zooming the 2:35 movies to full screen, but some movies on my server are not 1920x1080 so obviously to me they will not zoom full screen so it had nothing to do with the mkv version as i had assumed.  All is well now thanks for all the feedback.

Richard