Unable to launch Media Browser 3

Netbug

Netbug

I've installed MBC and MB3 server on a new system.

I'm able to launch to MB Theater while connected to the local MB Server. When I try to launch to MBC, I'm getting the error "Unable to launch Media browser 3".

The weird part is, I can launch to MBC if I specify the other server on my network.

(I'm only setting this one computer up in this environment; it is being moved up to my cottage once it's complete.)

I'm not sure what's going on here.

MBC Version: 3.0.129.0 2-12.2

MB Server: 3.0.5171.19958

MB Theater: 3.0.5168.25066

Classic Log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1233738/MBClassic-9320148a8f2b30b7364f8084973243bffe68ba.log

Server Log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1233738/Configurator-93201442db7fe789444d7c93f084a62d1c9791.log

This is the same problem as here.

Somehow, an incompatible version of Chocolate is getting installed and I cannot find where the hole is.

Remove chocolate with the configurator and then re-install it once inside MBC.

At some point, the system told you you needed to update chocolate and you did.  How did you do that?  Inside MBC or in the configurator?

Netbug

Hey, ebr. I'm 99% sure it was in MBC itself.

Do you want any more log files? Would they help you pinpoint?

Edit: Removing Chocolate fixed the problem. Thanks. :)

Edited by Netbug

Are you absolutely sure you never updated Chocolate via the configurator?  Because I cannot figure out how this can happen with the new logic but I can definitely see how it can with the configurator.

post the last couple configurator logs for me to look at please.  Not the one you just ran, but before that.

awakening

When I launched WMC I was told there was an update to MBC. I opted to install and after the restart I could no longer launch WMC. I got the option to disable it and I did. I wanted to uninstall and then re-install but a log file is missing so I cannot uninstall. Installing over the old version also does not help. MBC simply does not show up in MBC. Any suggestions please?

You disabled the application in WMC.  You will have to go into the application library and re-enable it.

You never entered the configurator?

Netbug

Netbug - all those logs already show the updated version of Chocolate.  Can you find the log where you actually did the update?

Awakening, did you ever enter the configurator?

awakening

Yes I did, but that did not bring back MBC in WMC. Or are you asking this for another reason?

Just in case it happens again; how do I get into the application library and re-enable it?

Edited by awakening

Yes I did, but that did not bring back MBC in WMC. Or are you asking this for another reason?

Just in case it happens again; how do I get into the application library and re-enable it?

I am asking in order to figure out how and when Chocolate was updated.  All logs that have been provided so far have been after it was updated so I do not know how it was updated to an incompatible version.

As for MBC being disabled, you did this yourself.  When the initial error occurred you said you checked the "Disable this Application" checkbox.  This tells WMC to never allow this program (MBC) to run.  In order to undo that you have to go into the WMC extras library area and re-enable it.

Netbug

Whew.  Thank you.  I just found it.

The issue arises if you use the "Update All" button.  In that case it just gets the last version it can find and ignores the required MBC version.  This should be fixed in the next release.