How to get m3u to work in emby

Koml

Hello

I have searched for some guidelines for how to get LiveTV to work.

I have a m3u file from a payed provider that work fine in VLC. When i add the m3u file or url in emby it comes up with all the channels but i cant seem to get any video on any channels even those who work great in vlc.

Have i missed anything?

It is just to put the m3u url/file in LIVE TV - Add Tuner Device - m3u Tuner and put the link in?

http://portal.geniptv.com:8080/live/***********/**********/2956.ts
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="TV3 Sport 1 DK" tvg-name="TV3 Sport DK" tvg-logo="https://euroip.tv/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/tv3sport-155-155.png"group-title="Denmark",TV3 Sport DK
http://portal.geniptv.com:8080/live/**********/**********/2915.ts
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="TV3 Sport 2 DK" tvg-name="TV3 MAX DK" tvg-logo="https://euroip.tv/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/3max-155-155.png"group-title="Denmark",TV3 MAX DK
http://portal.geniptv.com:8080/live/**********/**********/2914.ts
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="TV3plus DK" tvg-name="TV3+ DK" tvg-logo="http://195.154.221.171/picons/tv3plusdk.png"group-title="Denmark",TV3+ DK

I have tryed to install the IPTV plugin and there i can add one by one tv channel but i cant add the hole m3u file in emby direct and get it to work

All help is appreciated thanks :)

Instead of using the plugin just set up the m3u under live TV setup in the emby server dashboard. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Have now tried in the web app, aptv and ios and no sucess

Thanks

Can you send me a log from your attempt in the web app? thanks.

I have had some progress..

How it is now is that when i try to start a channel i have to wait for about 3-4 minutes and then there is a frozen picture, i then have to wait 2-4 minutes more before the channel starts play.

In VLC it works straight away and also if i add the channels to the plugin IPTV (but this is not a long term solution)

thanks for help :)

I imported the m3u and was able to play three different channels without any problems, including the channel you have highlighted above, in both emby theater and the web app.

That was strange..

If i import the m3u file i sent you in LIVE TV and start play i have to wait for 3-10 minutes before i get feed.

I choose some of the channels and added in plugin IPTV and there it start play in about 1-4 seconds.

Do you have any ide of what i could check or change?

I can take a video to show you if that may help?

I just cant figure out why it take so long time for channels to start play in LIVE TV

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
chezmorris

Hello

Forgive me for jumping in here, but I appear to have nearly the same issue as Koml.

I should start off by saying I am a complete novice here so I may have just missed something obvious.

In my case:

- Live TV loads up the M3U file which is a large mixture of VOD videos and actual live TV streams.

- I can see all channels in the channel list.

- The VOD "channels" play straight away.

- None of the live TV channels work.

Using the IPTV Plug-in, the one live TV channel that I have loaded runs straight away.

Any further thoughts?

Hello

Forgive me for jumping in here, but I appear to have nearly the same issue as Koml.

I should start off by saying I am a complete novice here so I may have just missed something obvious.

In my case:

- Live TV loads up the M3U file which is a large mixture of VOD videos and actual live TV streams.

- I can see all channels in the channel list.

- The VOD "channels" play straight away.

- None of the live TV channels work.

Using the IPTV Plug-in, the one live TV channel that I have loaded runs straight away.

Any further thoughts?

hi @@chezmorris, can we please look at an example? please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

chezmorris

Here are various screenshots.  Difficult to actually show the problem in action as nothing happens.  No error message is produced

Screenshot of Live TV Settings

5a57119b90e83_LiveTVSetUp.jpg

Screenshot of TV Channels - At present there a over 2,500 but I will cut this down once I know that Emby works.

5a5711b6e53b3_Channels.jpg

Screenshot of VOD Channel Working

5a5711d875d14_VODWorking.jpg

Screenshot of TV Channel Not Working - Not that it shows much!

5a57125e2b643_TVStreaming.jpg

Screenshot of Same TV Channel Working via IPTV Plug-In

5a571284c05fd_IPTVChannel.jpg

kikinjo

Same issue here (emby teather), it takes 3-5 minutes to stream to start, or error message. Weird thing is in Web it works straight away. Log says unknown profile something...

But stream works after waiting for 2-5 minutes.

chezmorris

I'd love to help further but can you please advise me where to find the ffmpeg log file as there is nothing immediately apparent?

Thanks

@@chezmorris, sorry there is just a lot of activity in that log that I am having a hard time determining which is related to the time of your problem. do you mind restarting the server, recreating the problem again, and then attaching a new log? if an ffmpeg log is generated in the same logs folder, then please attach that as well. thanks !