HTTPS stopped working in Chrome and FireFox, only works in IE

csjjpm

Hi,

for the last couple of days I am unable to connect to my Emby webserver by HTTPS from Chrome and Firefox.  I am using the default 8920 port for HTTPS and I can only access it from IE11 on my laptop. 

Chrome says 'This site can’t be reached', 'ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE'. 

Firefox says 'Secure Connection Failed.  An error occurred during a connection to 192.168.0.102:8920. The server presented a certificate that contains an invalid encoding of an integer. Common causes include negative serial numbers, negative RSA moduli, and encodings that are longer than necessary. Error code: MOZILLA_PKIX_ERROR_INVALID_INTEGER_ENCODING'.

I can access emby using all the browsers via normal HTTP on port 8096 without error.

I have not changed my emby server settings at all. I have the default certificate installed.  No changes have been made.

I am running a FreeNas Jail and the server version is 3.2.36.0

Thanks

Paul

The BSD version currently ships with mono 4.6. If your installed version of Chrome is now requiring TLS 1.3 then we will have to get mono updated to at least 4.8.1 because i don't believe mono 4.6 supports TLS 1.3.

I will notify the package maintainer @@josh4trunks, thanks.

The BSD version currently ships with mono 4.6. If your installed version of Chrome is now requiring TLS 1.3 then we will have to get mono updated to at least 4.8.1 because i don't believe mono 4.6 supports TLS 1.3.

I will notify the package maintainer @@josh4trunks, thanks.

Thanks Luke.  I thought it might be something to do with some security in the browsers. 

Just checked on the Freenas forums.  He hasn't been on there since the 9th Dec and hasn't posted since early November.  :-( may be waiting a while if he is busy.

But he was on here tonight... phew

Edited by csjjpm