SubtitleManager cannot write the SRT

Quiptix
Go to solution Solved by Quiptix,

I'm not whether it is specific for QNAP or in general for Linux.

Using version 3.2.50.3 (beta) I get these messages in the log:

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata/metadata/library/7c/7cfe1450d1224f5678ab592bb0025571/[sERIES NAME].S02E04.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.eng.srt'

The path doesn't exist at all.

I'm not sure how to move forward ininvestigating this.

I'm also not sure if this was also a problem in an older version.

How does the manager determine the path to write to?

Vincent

Hi there, can you please attach the complete emby server log? thanks !

Yes I can... Allthough I will paste the complete stacktrace, not the entire log.

2017-12-18 17:42:09.133 Info HttpClient: POST: https://api.opensubtitles.org/xml-rpc
2017-12-18 17:42:09.270 Info SubtitleManager: Saving subtitles to /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata/metadata/library/7c/7cfe1450d1224f5678ab592bb0025571/[SOME SERIE].S02E04.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.eng.srt
2017-12-18 17:42:09.279 Error App: Error downloading subtitles
        *** Error Report ***
        Version: 3.2.50.3
        Command line: /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata -ffmpeg /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/bin/ffprobe -updatepackage emby-server-qnap_{version}_x86_64.qpkg -noautorunwebapp
        Operating system: Unix 3.4.6.0
        64-Bit OS: True
        64-Bit Process: True
        User Interactive: True
        Processor count: 4
        Program data path: /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata
        Application directory: /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system
        System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata/metadata/library/7c/7cfe1450d1224f5678ab592bb0025571/[SOME SERIE].S02E04.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.eng.srt'.
           at MediaBrowser.Providers.Subtitles.SubtitleManager.<TrySaveToFiles>d__18.MoveNext()
        --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
           at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
           at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
           at MediaBrowser.Providers.Subtitles.SubtitleManager.<DownloadSubtitles>d__17.MoveNext()
           at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
           at MediaBrowser.Providers.MediaInfo.SubtitleDownloader.<DownloadSubtitles>d__5.MoveNext()
        System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException
           at MediaBrowser.Providers.Subtitles.SubtitleManager.<TrySaveToFiles>d__18.MoveNext()
           at MediaBrowser.Providers.Subtitles.SubtitleManager.<DownloadSubtitles>d__17.MoveNext()
           at MediaBrowser.Providers.MediaInfo.SubtitleDownloader.<DownloadSubtitles>d__5.MoveNext()

If more is needed, no problem

I think I know the root-cause.

I had 2 folders linked to the series library. However with a few sym-links to each other. After that I removed the sym-links.

Maybe if somebody can point out how to recreate the complete libraries. And maybe cleaning up de metadata directories.

Due to my mistakes, I'm rebuilding the installation of Emby... Will come back to it...

Edited by Quiptix

What do you mean exactly by recreate libraries? You can just do that in emby library setup, right?

Too late... Have de-installed and now re-installing Emby... haven't found it in the library setup...

Wouldn't you just remove your existing folders and add the new ones? Or am i misunderstanding? It should be as simple as that, right?

Wouldn't you just remove your existing folders and add the new ones? Or am i misunderstanding? It should be as simple as that, right?

That should be, if I tried it first  :wacko: ...

For me, now I'm very sure everything is cleared...  B)  :D

Oke,

Unfortunally reinstalling Emby is not the cure for this problem. The subtitlemanager somehow uses the wrong folder to store the SRT. Same error as mentioned in this thread.

For now I disabled searching for subtitles, as it pounds on the provider and cannot store it...

I have seen it work, is it broken in 3.2.50.3 ?

Oke,

Unfortunally reinstalling Emby is not the cure for this problem. The subtitlemanager somehow uses the wrong folder to store the SRT. Same error as mentioned in this thread.

For now I disabled searching for subtitles, as it pounds on the provider and cannot store it...

I have seen it work, is it broken in 3.2.50.3 ?

Around 9:30 you can the errors about not being ably to store the subtitle.

I think the path-part is wrongly determined.

This part happens when building up the library and not due to the action "Download missing subtitles", however I have seen this also during the scheduled action yesterday.

I have no 100% prove but the previous version I had installed with the QNAP package 3.2.36 (anyway before 3.2.40) didn't have this problem as I have seen writes of SRT's. (but again, not entirely sure)

Vincent

server-63649325829.txt

No, no sym-links anymore. It happens with Movies and Series, and where Movies has 2 folders in the library en Series (TV) 1 folder. In those 3 folders only unique folders and no sym-links.

Are subtitles stored in the metadata folder? I have seen subtitle folders aswell

Edited by Quiptix

Are subtitles stored in the metadata folder? 

Depends on the settings for each library. It is controlled by the setting to save artwork and metadata info media folders.

Hi

Artwork and metadata is NOT configured to be stores into the media folders.

Maybe feature request: Configurable location for only subtitles... It would perfectly to have the SRT in the media folders.

And a question: If a SRT is already present in the media folder, is that considered as an existing SRT for the language?

Vincent

To be honest i'm not sure right now. It is trying to save downloaded subtitles and then failing with file not found. That sounds like either permissions or some kind of quirk caused by your previous symlink.

To be honest i'm not sure right now. It is trying to save downloaded subtitles and then failing with file not found. That sounds like either permissions or some kind of quirk caused by your previous symlink.

Sym links could not be The reason anymore. I started with a clean installation and there are no sym links. Permission are correct.

Ik think it calculates the hash in url differently or it uses a different hash to construct the path. I don’t know the logic there...

How is the path for subtitles created? It uses a different path than for posters.

The path constructed does not exist! Should this path be used for all metadata including set, poster and so on? Or could it be unique for srt’s?

Edited by Quiptix

Should this path be used for all metadata including set, poster and so on? Or could it be unique for srt’s? 

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking here?

Is the folder for subtitles, metadata, posters and so the same for one movie or episode, thus one hashed stored folder per item? Or are they unique per component (srt,poster) per item?

• Solution

Interesting. I have installed 3.2.60.2 and now subtitles are saved without error.

So problably somewhere it is fixed or "fixed". Couldn't find the setting for the subtitle location as mentioned in the release notes.

Vincent