LG TV App - Always request profile/user login when launching app

Jaans

x/post from https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/53854-request-profileuser-login-when-launching-app/ 

We user the LG TV App to access our emby server.

Please add an option to require users to sign in every time the app is launched. I realise not everyone would want this, but if it is a setting that we could enable that would be awesome.

Not all the members in our household remember to navigate the app to switch to their user account. Consequently, the media and already watched tracking statistics are getting messed up.

We have two problems here. The first not able to clearly see which user is currently signed in, and the second is not asking the person viewing which user profile they should be using.

Another great improvement would be to easily mark an item as NOT watched from the app and vice versa.

ok, if they had a password then on the login screen there would be a checkbox to remember the login underneath the password entry field.

for users without a password we'll just have to add a setting for this. thanks.

Thanks Luke.

Just making sure I understand - are you saying that if they had passwords, this functionality already exists?

Yes, that's what he is saying.  And, if you explore the easy PIN options once they have passwords, you'll see you can set it up so that they don't have to enter them every time when on the local network.

Thanks all.

I think I'm missing something here.

I had gone and setup passwords for the users, and then on the LG TV when I open the Emby app I'm prompted to sign in (yay!). At which point I then select a user and provide the password and tick the "save the password" checkbox which sign the user in. (Didn't see anything about PIN so not sure where that comes in).

The problem I have is that when I later return to the Emby app, the same signed in user is still signed in. It's as if the app stays running when I go to another app of TV viewing and I don't see an option in emby to "Exit this app".

What I'm after is similar behaviour from other apps in that when you leave the Emby app or after an amount of inactivity, it signs you out and when you return to the app, it asks which user is watching.

Imagine the typical usage by a family. My daughter turns on the TV, opens the Emby app and signs in with her profile (preferrably without a password). She watches her show and leaves when it finishes. The app times out after 5 minutes of inactivity and when my son gets to the telly, he goes to the Emby app and is prompted to sign in.

Apparently, asking kids to "Remember to sign out" is unreasonable/impossible.

Thanks!

Don't tick the "Remember password" box.  If you setup the Easy PIN as blank and tell it to allow local access with the PIN then no password will be required when on the local network.

The TV apps should have the ability to auto logout due to the fact that they are usually shared devices we just haven't gotten that into all of them yet.

• 1 month later...