Vera, Surveillance, and Messages plugins are back!

chef

cw-kid

@@cw-kid

I have also had issues when trying to view a live stream through https, or remotely through https in emby. So, It might be the same thing I have encountered in the past myself.

I'd be happy if it worked via HTTP if HTTPS is a problem ? 

cw-kid

HTTPS on the actual camera itself in settings is disabled currently.

I've tried accessing the Emby web gui in Chrome browser via HTTP on the Emby servers local LAN IP and attempted to access the camera via the new surveillance entry.

But I still just get a spinning circle. So does that rule out HTTPS as the issue?

Thanks.

Yes it does rule it out. Just reading your stream URL again.

There could be a long delay while ffmpeg is beginning the transcode stream.

Does the stream ever start? Even if it take a really really long time?

I'll be back

Edited by chef

cw-kid

I've never seen the stream start.

Gonna edit the camera in the plugin and set it back to the local IP of the camera rather than my external domain name.

Will open in the Emby Gui and just leave it for a period of time to see?

cw-kid

So I opened the Emby web gui in Chrome browser on my Windows 10 laptop, via HTTP on port 8096.

Opened up the Cam and pressed the Play button.

Get a black screen with spinning circle.

Left it like that for 10 minutes and no stream loaded yet.

Ffmpeg process can be seen on the WHS 2011 server in task manager that is hosting Emby server.

Rtsp stream URL for the Cam is correct and loads instantly in VLC player via the open network stream option.

Thanks.

Is port 554 forwarded in your router?

Sorry if you mentioned it was.

Are you on emby beta server?

There was changes to the channel plugins I hadn't implemented yet and that could also e the issue.

Edited by chef

cw-kid

Yes port 1025 for http and port 554 for rtsp are port forwarded on the router to the Cams internal LAN IP address.

The Emby server I dont think its on the beta channel. The version number is 3.2.70.0

I think I have narrowed the issue here.

I'm not completely sure, but I think that ffmpeg is having a problem transcoding the stream.

I have the same issue when trying to transcode a live stream through my domain from an offsite computer.

What kind of stream container are your cameras utilizing? I see the RTSP stream is h.264.

Are your cameras able to stream a different kind of container or video file type besides the one that is currently in use?

My cameras are pretty low end, but the program I am using allows for mp4 style stream containers and also avi.

might be the problem.

cw-kid

I think I have narrowed the issue here.

I'm not completely sure, but I think that ffmpeg is having a problem transcoding the stream.

I have the same issue when trying to transcode a live stream through my domain from an offsite computer.

What kind of stream container are your cameras utilizing? I see the RTSP stream is h.264.

Are your cameras able to stream a different kind of container or video file type besides the one that is currently in use?

My cameras are pretty low end, but the program I am using allows for mp4 style stream containers and also avi.

might be the problem.

Hi

The camera isn't a good one, its a China special. Amovision AM-C755RV IP Dome Camera.

HTTP :  [80 or 1024~65532] RTSP :  [554 or 2048~65532] RCFG :  [8001~65532]

Don't know what RCFG is? 

The attached image is the Codec information from VLC whilst playing the RTSP stream.

I can't see any options to change the video container type. There are some options to change some bit rates and frame rate however.

post-2165-0-61536300-1519427186_thumb.png

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

Hi

As of Emby server Version 3.3.0.0 (Windows) the camera entry is no longer visible at all, when browsing into the Surveillance area of the Emby web GUI.

I created a second camera entry in the plug-in and that one isn't visible either as a camera item you can then click on etc.

Also cannot seem to delete a camera from the plugin settings? After refreshing the page it comes back.

Edited by cw-kid

Hi

As of Emby server Version 3.3.0.0 (Windows) the camera entry is no longer visible at all, when browsing into the Surveillance area of the Emby web GUI.

I created a second camera entry in the plug-in and that one isn't visible either as a camera item you can then click on etc.

Also cannot seem to delete a camera from the plugin settings? After refreshing the page it comes back.

Okay so they've rolled out the changes for channel plugins. Thanks for that. I've been so busy I couldnt make the changes this week, but I have to find time today to fix it.

PrincessClevage

Okay so they've rolled out the changes for channel plugins. Thanks for that. I've been so busy I couldnt make the changes this week, but I have to find time today to fix it.

Also seems with the Vera app the “pause movie” action is not working, I have the same Vera scene set for the pause movie as I have set for “stop movie” and stop movie action works but not the pause movie action.
  • Like 1

@@cw-kid

I found the problem and will roll out a new version tonight with fixes.

Thanks!

As always, thank you for your work!

Currently I'm having some networking issues on my WiFi and a short in one of my Ethernet runs that I'm sorting out. I'll test when I can!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

cw-kid

@@cw-kid

I found the problem and will roll out a new version tonight with fixes.

Thanks!

Hi Chef

Which problem? My problem with streaming that camera? Or a fix to get the camera entries actually showing up again in the surveillance section?

Cheers

Hi Chef

Which problem? My problem with streaming that camera? Or a fix to get the camera entries actually showing up again in the surveillance section?

Cheers

I believe it will be a fix for both. :)

The changes to the channel plugins architecture show a substantial amount of decoding options in the examples.

Edited by chef

@@cw-kid I have updated the surveillance plugin and I hope I have fixed the issue.

Please run plugin update task to install the new version.

Lemme know ;)

I'm about to rewrite the entire Vera plugin to get it fixed.

cw-kid

@@chef

i also use Vera but I've never used your Emby plug-in for it. 

I mainly use Kodi clients and I just used the Vera plug-in "Kodi Remote" and some logic in PLEG to dim / brighten lights based on Kodi's playback status etc. 

I've just updated the camera plugin, the camera entries are now back again!

Unfortunately my RTSP feed still isn't playing and just a spinning circle. 

Also I now have more than one camera entry in the plugin where I have tested different things. 

I still can't seem to delete some of the camera entries and get rid of them. 

Thanks. 

EDIT: I was using Chrome browser on my Windows laptop and accessing the Emby web GUI via the servers local LAN IP on http.

post-2165-0-59915900-1519776982_thumb.png

Edited by cw-kid

@@chef

i also use Vera but I've never used your Emby plug-in for it.

I mainly use Kodi clients and I just used the Vera plug-in "Kodi Remote" and some logic in PLEG to dim / brighten lights based on Kodi's playback status etc.

I've just updated the camera plugin, the camera entries are now back again!

Unfortunately my RTSP feed still isn't playing and just a spinning circle.

Also I now have more than one camera entry in the plugin where I have tested different things.

I still can't seem to delete some of the camera entries and get rid of them.

Thanks.

EDIT: I was using Chrome browser on my Windows laptop and accessing the Emby web GUI via the servers local LAN IP on http.

Okay, there is still the stream issue. I'll be back! I'm gonna fix the removal of camera streams first, right after I fix vera. Then read through the entire new channel classes and see why that is happening.

It's gotta be a transcoding issue, but I don't want to take it to the main devs until I'm absolutely sure it isn't something I can't fix on my own ;)

I'm on it!

@PrincessClevege

I found the changes in the API for the Vera Plugin and I'm working on a fix.

unfortunately, the wife has started into another episode of "Nashville" .... and I can't restart the server to test the new code...

hopefully, the episodes are quick and painless... but that show is never painless.... lol!

PrincessClevage

@PrincessClevege

I found the changes in the API for the Vera Plugin and I'm working on a fix.

unfortunately, the wife has started into another episode of "Nashville" .... and I can't restart the server to test the new code...

hopefully, the episodes are quick and painless... but that show is never painless.... lol!

Thanks Chef, no huge rush as it is still working 80%, thanks for your efforts!

@@cw-kid you should try Chefs Vera plugin, super easy to use and just select the scene on Vera for each action per emby device (or profile also I think)

cw-kid

@@chef

I assume these are the Vera API changes you mention?

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,56959.0.html

They have broken some Vera plugins like the DLNA and Sonos ones, with no fixes looking likely.

I used the DLNA one and now TTS no longer seems to work with it and it no longer discovers new DLNA devices on your network.

@@chef

I assume these are the Vera API changes you mention?

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,56959.0.html

They have broken some Vera plugins like the DLNA and Sonos ones, with no fixes looking likely.

I used the DLNA one and now TTS no longer seems to work with it and it no longer discovers new DLNA devices on your network.

The good news is, if you use the vera plugin you'll be able to piggy back on Embys DLNA server to trigger vera scenes by way of playback.

Luke updated the NuGet packages for emby again so Vera plugin will be working again tonight.

The only issue I can see regarding any DLNA integration by way of Vera with those issues mentioned above, is that if you use the emby plugin, then you'll have to rely on emby server to initiate any playback, by way of DLNA, to trigger commands, instead of the Vera plugins from micasaverde.

In a way it is kind of a good thing for this plugin that they aren't going to fix their plugin issues because it kinda forces the use of our plugin to get the desired control.

Edited by chef