Vera, Surveillance, and Messages plugins are back!

chef

Chef do you control any 433mhz motors, possibly blind motors with Vera? If so what do you use?

I keep trying to find window blind motors. I instead had to build my own with Arduino and RC car motors. Totally diy. They work but I'd like to find an option for blind motors which are on the market.

@@chef

I have been able to get the home security plugin to work with both IP camera's that i have. Very convenient for me. But for some reason i cant seem to delete all the camera's i created and screwed up settings with. I hit the trash can and they go away initially but refreshing the page brings them back and they are in the screen when i go to view a camera.

@@tdiguy I will look into this immediately.

There are some issues in both plugins with updating the configuration.

PrincessClevage

I keep trying to find window blind motors. I instead had to build my own with Arduino and RC car motors. Totally diy. They work but I'd like to find an option for blind motors which are on the market.

I recently had some Outdoor blind installed and it uses Dooya controller which runs at 433mhz.

I did a bit of reading and seems these can be controlled with an RFX add on to Vera (via usb slot)

http://www.smartliving.com.au/rf-433mhz-to-z-wave-transceiver-bridge.html

Bit expensive for one blind tho

Edited by PrincessClevage

@@politby

Could you please try this version of the Vera Plugin. If it works I'll push it into the catalog.

I have added an area in the configuration which allows you to put your own IP address to a specific vera.

I would first like to apologize that I didn't make it more intuitive and give you a list of possible vera devices on your network.

The best I can do without having more than one on my network for testing is to grab the first one the plugin sees on the network automagically.

But, you should be able to override the IP with the input and save it.

There is one thing I haven't fixed in the UI. When you save a new IP -  the banner at the top will not show the new IP until the page is refreshed, even though the IP has saved in the configuration.

I will fix that before the end of the day if this version works for you :)

Let me know how it goes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iwl8zw3zibra1cm/VeraHomeAutomation.zip?dl=0

politby

@@politby

Could you please try this version of the Vera Plugin. If it works I'll push it into the catalog.

I have added an area in the configuration which allows you to put your own IP address to a specific vera.

I would first like to apologize that I didn't make it more intuitive and give you a list of possible vera devices on your network.

The best I can do without having more than one on my network for testing is to grab the first one the plugin sees on the network automagically.

But, you should be able to override the IP with the input and save it.

There is one thing I haven't fixed in the UI. When you save a new IP -  the banner at the top will not show the new IP until the page is refreshed, even though the IP has saved in the configuration.

I will fix that before the end of the day if this version works for you :)

Let me know how it goes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iwl8zw3zibra1cm/VeraHomeAutomation.zip?dl=0

only had time for a quick test. Entered the IP, hit Save and rebooted for good measure. Result is that it has created a configuration file

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<PluginConfiguration xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <DeviceConfiguration>
    <Name>Kodi (localhost) - Kodi</Name>
    <Id>6C12EC1508844E74953151B62146C395</Id>
  </DeviceConfiguration>
  <SavedDeviceProfiles>
    <SavedDevice>
    </SavedDevice>
  </SavedDeviceProfiles>
  <EmbyReadyNetworkDevices>
    <Device>
      <Name>osmc - Kodi</Name>
      <Id>E5FF497469F44E7B97CEB9194D7507A6</Id>
    </Device>
    <Device>
    </Device>
    <Device>
      <Name>Firefox - Emby Mobile</Name>
      <Id>2c3dc85d494ce409df184a0b563488f6f4d2f3e0</Id>
    </Device>
  </EmbyReadyNetworkDevices>
  <InternalIp>192.168.2.16</InternalIp>
  <SerialNumber>88800000</SerialNumber>
  <Scenes>
    <string>Ext Lights On</string>
    <string>Ext Lights Off</string>
    <string>IntLtsOff</string>
    <string>goodnight</string>
    <string>dawn</string>
    <string>IntLtsOn</string>
    <string>Fire</string>
    <string>Fire Clear</string>
    <string>Notification from Kök bänk</string>
    <string>HallwayClngOff</string>
    <string>HallwayClngOn</string>
    <string>HallwayWallOn</string>
    <string>Notification from Kök bänk</string>
    <string>HallwayWallOff</string>
    <string>heat off</string>
    <string>heat on</string>
    <string>PauseVideo</string>
    <string>ResumeVideo</string>
    <string>StartVideo</string>
    <string>EndVideo</string>
    <string>TVoff</string>
    <string>TVRmWinOn</string>
    <string>TVRmWinOff</string>
    <string>KitchenCtrOn</string>
    <string>KitchenCtrOff</string>
    <string>KitchenClngUp</string>
    <string>KitchenClngDwn</string>
    <string>TVRmLtsOnAtTVoff</string>
    <string>TVRmDwnLtsOn</string>
    <string>TVRmDwnLtsOff</string>
    <string>KitchenClgOff</string>
    <string>FanTimer</string>
    <string>TVRmLtsOffAtTVon</string>
    <string>house mode 4</string>
    <string>HallwayWallOff</string>
    <string>heat on</string>
    <string>house mode 1</string>
    <string>HallwayClngOn</string>
    <string>house mode 2</string>
    <string>temp 20</string>
    <string>HallwayClngOff</string>
    <string>house mode 3</string>
    <string>HallwayWallOn</string>
    <string>heat off</string>
  </Scenes>
</PluginConfiguration>

which seems okay insofar as it appears to have picked up all my scenes. But the plugin UI is stuck at

5a5a417cc5f48_Capture.png

• Like 1

Because all logic is offloaded to the AltUI VM which is infinitely more powerful than any Vera, stability is magnitudes better. The only time I have to interact with the Veras is when adding or removing or otherwise manipulating devices. AltUI independently names devices and rooms so basically all admin is done in one place.

The devices in the screenshot below are a mix of US and EU Z-wave and Hue, all presented by the same UI.

5a59df064b5c0_au1.png

One of the coolest features is the concept of workflows which makes it a breeze to build complex logic. Here is an example of my bathroom fan which is triggered either by humidity or a switch and then runs for 30 minutes or until turned off or as long as the humidity is above a defined percentage:

5a59e11618deb_au2.png

5a59e75d7d023_AU.png

Are you on the micasaverde forum? Is there a link to how to set this up? I'm thinking of running it on a spare i3 NUC I have sitting on my network but not doing much at all beyond Emby Theater. I'm pretty sure it can handle this additional load.

TIA

I have two actual Veras, a US-frequency Edge and an EU-frequency Plus, and a "virtual" one consolidating everything.

The Edge runs 10 RCS thermostats, 2 First Alert smoke detectors and 2 ZooZ motion sensors. The Plus runs some 50 devices, mostly Fibaro, Qubino and Z-wave.me light switches and dimmers, an Aeotech siren and a Yale door lock.

There are no plugins, apps, add ons, scenes or or other logic on either. Both are strictly for sending commands to devices.

All scenes and other logic are handled by  AltUI/OpenLuup, a "virtual" controller which mimicks a Vera, running on a separate Debian VM which also hosts HA Bridge for Hue, Harmony and Alexa devices. This is the one which will connect to Emby.

Nice! I also use HABridge!

I'm really interested in that VM Vera server you mentioned. That sounds awesome, I didn't know it existed.

Tonight I'll add the extra functionality to the plugin and get it working!

ME TOO!

I cannot find my HTPC in this drop down list.

5a5e7909615dc_VeraPlugin.jpg

@@Sammy

Is the htpc on, does it have DLNA enabled? Or is the emby app your are using running on the htpc?

In order for devices to appear in the drop down list they'll have to be running. The plugin does a quick scan of sessions open in emby to populate the list :)

Let me know how it goes!

@@chef

This HTPC is my Emby Server and my WMC machine. It is on all the time but I think I'll need to have Emby Theater not shut down for it to show up. I get it now. Not sure what I'm going to do connecting it to Vera but I'll give it a go. I already have the Harmony Plugin in my Vera allowing control that way too..

Untoten

hqdefault.jpg

No, no... please don't get up on my account!

This community grows massively every time I check in!

I updated the Vera Smart home plugin for Emby! It's back in the catalog for anyone who cares.

@@PrincessClevage and I will work on the Surveillance / Home Security Plugin next, so if you missed them, no worries they'll be back! Just like me!... for anyone who cares!

Love,

Chef :)

What happened to dvr? You said you were working on it and it shouldn't be too hard then you stopped replying lol.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

politby

Are you on the micasaverde forum? Is there a link to how to set this up? I'm thinking of running it on a spare i3 NUC I have sitting on my network but not doing much at all beyond Emby Theater. I'm pretty sure it can handle this additional load.

TIA

Yes and yes

https://github.com/akbooer/openLuup/tree/master/Documentation

• Like 1

PrincessClevage

Can this run along side Vera? I have the Pool Control Plugin and would need to somehow do the HTML commands in openLuup and wouldn't have a clue where to start with that.

I am also having a hell of a time trying to get the correct luup code for a desired https call and the Mios forums are pretty dead/non responsive

Appropriate http call

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=24007&share_tid=54255&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforum%2Emicasaverde%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D54255&share_type=t

PrincessClevage

How'd you fare in the last f/w update?

i had to re add all Aeotec smart switch6 device and also change every scene to a hard start stop time as when using other apps for triggers (day or night app etc) became very unreliable, also iOS app would crash a lot

politby

Can this run along side Vera? I have the Pool Control Plugin and would need to somehow do the HTML commands in openLuup and wouldn't have a clue where to start with that.

It won't be able to do much without a Vera :) as it isn't a z-wave controller.

And yes you can run scenes and logic on both but the main rationale is to offload all that to openLuup because it can run on much more powerful hardware.

• 5 weeks later...
cw-kid

Hi @@chef

I am trying out the Camera plug-in for the first time but all I get in Emby is a spinning circle no camera video feed. 

I have used VLC to test I am using the correct rtsp URL which I am as it works fine in VLC. 

rtsp://192.168.1.20:554/ch0_0.h264

I have tried accessing the camera feed in Emby via Chrome browser on my laptop and via the Emby app for Android, both do the same thing just a spinning circle all the time. 

I've also tried turning off the Windows firewall on the PC that is running Emby server but no change. 

:(  :(  :(

I then checked that my routers firewall had port forwarding rules set for the IP camera which it does. 

In the Camera plug-in I then tried changing the RTSP UTL to use my external domain name instead of the internal IP of the camera etc. 

Again this address worked OK in VLC player. 

After editing the URL in the Emby camera plug-in to use my external domain name, now when I try and access the camera from Emby clients, I still just get a spinning circle.

I've also tried restarting the Emby server software to no avail.

:(  :(  :(

Any ideas why it might not be working ? 

Thanks

EDIT:

ffmpeg is running on the server whilst I am getting the spinning circle. 

If in Chrome browser I view source and go to the network tab I can see this long URL:

https://MYDOMAINNAME:8920/emby/videos/e459fd5bd495b70ace41cc4f76c7ffcc/live.m3u8?DeviceId=03accc5656bd883c16b58e63e824210a66d275fa&MediaSourceId=d68aadde18be8dcb4f1fde0411add2c4&VideoCodec=h264&AudioCodec=mp3,aac&VideoBitrate=225690353&AudioBitrate=192000&PlaySessionId=647fe95ce8444e21bc4d93ef2292d34b&api_key=a0b529c33563449ab8189c85faeb6574&CopyTimestamps=false&TranscodingMaxAudioChannels=2&EnableSubtitlesInManifest=false&RequireAvc=true&RequireNonAnamorphic=false&SegmentContainer=ts&MinSegments=1&BreakOnNonKeyFrames=True&TranscodeReasons=ContainerNotSupported&h264-profile=high,main,baseline,constrainedbaseline,high10&h264-level=51&h264-deinterlace=true

ContainerNotSupported

Maybe its a transcoding issue with Emby and my camera ? 

EDIT 2: 

If I put that long URL in to Chrome browser eventually it says "Error starting ffmpeg" 

Yet I can see the ffmpeg process is running in task manager on the server. 

Edited by cw-kid

I'm am wondering if it has to do with the h.264 encoding.

But I'm looking into it now.

@@cw-kid

would you consider downloading and running "ONVIF Device Manager" and double checking the rstp url. I know your current URL  works for VLC but if possible we can double check.

I have also had issues when trying to view a live stream through https, or remotely through https in emby. So, It might be the same thing I have encountered in the past myself.

cw-kid

@@cw-kid

would you consider downloading and running "ONVIF Device Manager" and double checking the rstp url. I know your current URL  works for VLC but if possible we can double check.

Hi

I've just downloaded and install the ONVIF Device Manager.

I entered the IP and Port number of the camera and the device manager has connected OK. 

If I click on the link that says "Live Video" the URL is the same as I stated earlier. 

rtsp://CAM-IP-ADDRESS:554/ch0.h264

Its quite a good app this ONVIF Device Manager ! Never used it before. 

Anything else you want me to check ? 

Thanks

Edited by cw-kid