Vera, Surveillance, and Messages plugins are back!

chef

PrincessClevage

Luke thought it too closely represented the IPTV plugin so he removed it from the library. You have to install it by dropping the dll.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

I have had this through this method for some time. Is your channel still showing?

Sammy

I have had this through this method for some time. Is your channel still showing?

Your students under his watch I actually haven't checked in a while. We have an Echo Show that is working just fine with the surveillance cameras so loading it in Emby is just extra.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Sammy

Okay, I saw a bunch of updates, so I'll fix it. Thank you [emoji3]

Part of the reason why I'm not using it is my armcrest Wi-Fi IP cameras will not work yet my wired Hikvision cameras work fine.

PrincessClevage

Okay, I saw a bunch of updates, so I'll fix it. Thank you [emoji3]

Do you have the same symptoms or is it isolated to my setup?

clarkss12

Part of the reason why I'm not using it is my armcrest Wi-Fi IP cameras will not work yet my wired Hikvision cameras work fine.

I am johnny come lately to this discussion.  Can you give instructions on how to get my live cams to show on Emby??  I have a couple of HikVision cams, and one Dahua cam that I will like to display the live feed.  I have the recordings working, but not the live streams.  A very detailed instruction (preferably YouTube), for this old man, with a low level of comprehension........ thanks

russellspindler

I could use some help understanding the install process. I found where you are supposed to "drop the dll". Just not sure what to drop. Folder, file??? Sorry to be so thick.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

chef

Place the plugin dll into the "plugin" folder.

Restart emby.

Please be aware that some of these plugins have t been updated in a while and may not work as expected. :)

chef

Just testing a new version of the surveillance plugin now :)

chef

I am johnny come lately to this discussion.  Can you give instructions on how to get my live cams to show on Emby??  I have a couple of HikVision cams, and one Dahua cam that I will like to display the live feed.  I have the recordings working, but not the live streams.  A very detailed instruction (preferably YouTube), for this old man, with a low level of comprehension........ thanks

I can try to put together a youtube video. My youtube videos are just the worst! LOL  :(

clarkss12

I can try to put together a youtube video. My youtube videos are just the worst! LOL  :(

That would be fantastic,  I am struggling trying to figure how to install this plug in.........

• 4 weeks later...
PrincessClevage

Hi Chef,

How do I stop Surveillance plugin camera streams for being classed as a movie and triggering cinema mode intros that I have set for movies?

• Like 1

russellspindler

Chef, were you able to find time to complete the update to the plugin. I saw you were working on it. Thanks

chef

Hi Chef,

How do I stop Surveillance plugin camera streams for being classed as a movie and triggering cinema mode intros that I have set for movies?

Oh! I hadn't thought about that when I changed the 'Type' of the camera streams!!

I will release a version that fixes that right now.

Sorry, I should have realized that might happen!

chef

Chef, were you able to find time to complete the update to the plugin. I saw you were working on it. Thanks

Which plugin? I've been working very hard on all three.

The newest Vera plugin release is gonna blow your mind!

The surveillance plugin had some upgrades as well.

I'll will release Vera to the catalog today, and post a fixed surveillance plugin here as well.

chef

Don’t hold us in suspense, what’s new with the Vera plugin?

- There is an entire rework of the UI.

- Completely dropped jQuery and rewrote the entire thing in JavaScript to keep with the latest emby logic.

- Smart schedule will allow you the option to calculate the sun's position (one time geo-coding query of latitude and longitude) to only run scenes from emby devices when the sun goes down on your part of the planet. Thanks @@BillOatman!

- New emby API service endpoints to access refined device lists for faster loading of the UI.

Edited by chef
  • Like 2

chef

Does anyone want to test this out before it goes into the catalog?

VeraHomeAutomation.zip

There maybe one issue that I expect, but it may also not affect anyone. It has to do with saving new items to the configuration.

chef

The final release fixed playback paused events. They where not firing properly. Ops! I wondered why I had written code the way I did, and then remebered that Pause events are flags on the media item.

When an item is playing, it is Unpaused too.

Anyway, it's fixed in that release from today in the catalog.

• Like 1

PrincessClevage

I know you have been busy with Vera plugin Chef just curious if you have had time to look at the Surveillance plugin triggering movie intros ?

• Like 1

chef

I know you have been busy with Vera plugin Chef just curious if you have had time to look at the Surveillance plugin triggering movie intros ?

Here it is. This should do the trick!

Surveillance.zip

• Like 1

OBXMan

I have as best I can tell installed the Surveillance Plug in from the link above.  At least it shows up as one of my plugins.  I opened the plugin settings and was able to add two rtsp cameras under settings.  I've verified the links in vlc.  Format I entered was rtsp://username:password@IP:rtsp port/11.  The plugin has created a folder named Surveillance, but there does not appear to be anything in it.  Where do I find the streams.  I'm guessing I missed a step somewhere.

Any help appreciated.

PrincessClevage

I have as best I can tell installed the Surveillance Plug in from the link above. At least it shows up as one of my plugins. I opened the plugin settings and was able to add two rtsp cameras under settings. I've verified the links in vlc. Format I entered was rtsp://username:password@IP:rtsp port/11. The plugin has created a folder named Surveillance, but there does not appear to be anything in it. Where do I find the streams. I'm guessing I missed a step somewhere.

Any help appreciated.

what location did you copy the .dll too? C: users username

2b5971ff2c16061dba9ebeab8f3ff0b5.jpg

Edited by PrincessClevage