Ports Collection support for your FreeBSD version has ended

cherup

Hi, just wanted to install the latest emby-server 3.2.40 from freshports, but it ends with the following error:

oot@freebsd_emby:/usr/ports/multimedia/emby-server # make install

/!\ ERROR: /!\

Ports Collection support for your FreeBSD version has ended, and no ports are

guaranteed to build on this system. Please upgrade to a supported release.

No support will be provided if you silence this message by defining

ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_SYSTEM.

*** Error code 1

Stop.

make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/multimedia/emby-server

*** Error code 1

Stop.

Any help here what to do ?
Edited by cherup

I think it means you need to update your version of freebsd

This is possible using Freenas ?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

adrianwi

What version of FreeNAS are you running?  Jails and plugin's don't update their version of FreeBSD even when you update the version used by FreeNAS.

just updated to the latest 11.1 (but was the same with 11.0)

freebsb version is  11.0-RELEASE-p1 

Something wrong with the port ?

11.0-RELEASE-p

adrianwi

The problem with jails in FreeNAS is that they don't get updated when you update FreeNAS, so whilst you're running the latest version of FreeNAS the jail could be running a version of FreeBSD from a much older version of FreeNAS.

You'll probably need to recreate the jail which will use the latest FreeBSD template, although you might get away with adding ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_SYSTEM into the /etc/make.conf file in the jail for a short while.

That said, it could be something completely different as I'm running FreeNAS 9.10.1 and haven't had any issues updating FreeBSD 10.3 jails, but know ones created in FreeNAS 9.3 (which used FreeBSD 9) no longer update.

• Like 2

Many thanks! I am using already the latest Freenas template version 11 - but adding the ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_SYSTEM into the /etc/make.conf solves the problem for me. 

woodsb02

Hi guys, this issue is not related to Emby - it is a general ports issue. Therefore I suggest posting on FreeNAS or FreeBSD forums / mailing lists (whichever you are using).

The solution is simple: you are using FreeBSD 11.0 (either on the main system or in a jail). FreeBSD 11.0 support has ended; you need to update you System/jail to FreeBSD 11.1.

metsuke

Confirmed that the latest version of Emby (3.2.60.0) works on FreeBSD 11.1 compiling from ports.  It is also way faster to start, thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
IceBoosteR

From this point, I can confirm that it is totally possible to install Emby as described in the docs on FreeBDS 11.1, but no more on 11.0.

FreeNAS is even using 11.0 as default when you are on FreeNAS 11.1...

I have tried to install emby, but it failed because of the unsupported version of FreeBSD/ports. When you allow ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_SYSTEM in the /etc/make.conf file, MAKE fails with errors which are not seen in 11.1.

BTW I have created a bugticket on FreeNAS to update to FreeBSD 11.1 in the jails if someone is interested.

adrianwi

One of those occasions where being some versions behind isn't such a bad thing.  I'm still rocking FreeNAS 9.10, which runs on FreeBSD 10.3 that doesn't go EOL until May 2018 ;)