Ways to find 4k movies

oldschool

oldschool

Is there a way to search your library for only 4K videos? Is there a way to create a collection of only hi-def videos? I would prefer not to go through and rename every video that I have in my library to something with -4K in the title, so I'm wondering what's the preferred way to search/sort/display high-def video files and make them stand out as compared to the standard-def videos that I have.

If I could suggest a feature, it would be to either add more capability to the current search so you can search for attributes of videos in your library (metadata search), and/or sort the library by resolution. If these capabilities exist, please explain how I use them, because it's not that clear how I can find my higher resolution videos.

• Like 1

ryandavidg

Personally I'm creating a new library for 4k content, so everyone knows exactly what they're getting. In years to come as it fills and all my devices evolve it'll be my main library and the existing video library will become more of an archive for content one can't find in the 4k one.

(Not suggesting this is a perfect solution for your issue, I just like the control and organisation that comes with different libraries so have my music collection split into a range of different libraries, eg: Classical, Jazz, Rock, a legacy library of files I've compressed for phones etc)

skidmarks

Do it for my 3D movies now.  Have a 4K folder and drop them all there:  x://4k/movie_name/movie_name  (just like adding a normal movie).  Add a 4K library on the server.  Use coverart plugin to put a indicator overlay on all the movies in the 4K folder.  Works well.  Might suggest that a 4K indicator overlay be added to coverart for this reason.  You can use a custom image. 

Cant search for 4K without adding it to the title, but this method will keep it all in one place and in collections a 4K indicator will be there,

Wont be tonight, but i can make a 4K overlay image in the morning.

Edited by skidmarks

Do it for my 3D movies now.  Have a 4K folder and drop them all there:  x://4k/movie_name/movie_name  (just like adding a normal movie).  Add a 4K library on the server.  Use coverart plugin to put a indicator overlay on all the movies in the 4K folder.  Works well.  Might suggest that a 4K indicator overlay be added to coverart for this reason.  You can use a custom image. 

Cant search for 4K without adding it to the title, but this method will keep it all in one place and in collections a 4K indicator will be there,

Wont be tonight, but i can make a 4K overlay image in the morning.

CoverArt supports a 4k treatment style now.

5a3a88559bc9e_ca4kex.png

skidmarks

It is but it isn't...  As far as i can see you can use coverart to display media type.  I do not as it takes up more real-estate on covers than i wish to give it.  The section that has the 3D overlay i do use.  That is the one i was suggesting to create a 4K overlay for.

5a3b256bcb1b6_Capture2.jpg

It is but it isn't...  As far as i can see you can use coverart to display media type. 

There is an option in the main profile settings to cover by the items resolution instead of its type.  This is now the default for new profiles.

The section that has the 3D overlay i do use.  That is the one i was suggesting to create a 4K overlay for.

That's already there too...

5a3bd8ba754e1_cauhd.png

RanmaCanada

There is an option in the main profile settings to cover by the items resolution instead of its type.  This is now the default for new profiles.

That's already there too...

5a3bd8ba754e1_cauhd.png

Where exactly is this option?  I've been using this program for years, and this is the first I've heard of this.  It would be great if and when these things are released, there would be announcements and directions on where to go?  I've been searching through it since reading your post and this feature appears to be hidden or invisible. :/.

Where exactly is this option?  I've been using this program for years, and this is the first I've heard of this.  It would be great if and when these things are released, there would be announcements and directions on where to go?  I've been searching through it since reading your post and this feature appears to be hidden or invisible. :/.

Hi.  Which feature are talking about...?

RanmaCanada

Hi.  Which feature are talking about...?

There is an option in the main profile settings to cover by the items resolution instead of its type  <-- This feature.  It would come in very handy dandy!

That option has been there since the MB2 days and it is the very first one when you click on a profile...

5a3c06e3e717c_cacoverbydef.png

RanmaCanada

WOW.  This has been a hidden feature.  No where was this every documented that I can remember.  Even finding this was difficult   Jebus.  For those reading, go to plugins, cover art, and click on profiles.  I wish I would have known about this from the begining.  DAMN.  ha.

Thank you EBR.

I'm very interested in why finding this was difficult.

You had to go by this page to set any treatment types or do any configuration at all with the plug-in...

hi @@Zelig, what version of emby server are you on? The plugin catalog will show the latest compatible version for your server. Thanks !

All Ok Luke. My server refuse to restart to finish the last update. New instalation fixed it. Now on 4.0.66 of CoverArt so everything OK.

RanmaCanada

I'm very interested in why finding this was difficult.

You had to go by this page to set any treatment types or do any configuration at all with the plug-in...

Actually EBR I haven't had to do any of this since I setup my server maybe 3 years ago.  That is probably why I have never seen it or remember it.  I don't poke around in these areas of the server often as it works so well and did what I wanted.  But this is game changing, and I thank you so much for showing this to me.  I appreciate it very much.

Actually EBR I haven't had to do any of this since I setup my server maybe 3 years ago.  That is probably why I have never seen it or remember it.  I don't poke around in these areas of the server often as it works so well and did what I wanted.  But this is game changing, and I thank you so much for showing this to me.  I appreciate it very much.

Okay, that makes sense.  Thanks.