m3u tuner/guide provider : Provide setting for channel logo thumbnail/icon priority

Senna

Please provide a setting in Emby server to select which source Emby uses for the channel logo icons/thumbnails.

For IPTV, channel logo thumbnails/icons can be provided in the m3u with following tag:

• tvg-logo="channel logo URL"

The Guide provider can also provide channel logo thumbnails/icons with the following tag in the xmltv listing:

• <icon src="channel logo URL"/>

Right now I see that Emby server messes things up with mixing of channel logos from both sources.

My personal preference is, that Emby server can only use the channel logos from the m3u as source. Others maybe want to use the guide provider for that, so a setting for selecting a preferred source for the channel logos is useful to have :)

Thanks !

Edited by Senna
  • Like 1

It does not mix them up. It probably just means that for certain channels only one or the other has a logo available.

I've merged the duplicate topics as I don't see this as a defect and so that we can avoid discussing the same thing in multiple places. Thanks !

I've merged the duplicate topics as I don't see this as a defect and so that we can avoid discussing the same thing in multiple places. Thanks !

Emby server DOES mixes the channel logo's from different sources Luke, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed it and ask for it.

It happens in this situation:

1) existing m3u tuner + xmltv guide provider

2) remove existing m3u tuner

3) guide refresh

4) add new m3u tuner

5) guide refresh

Now I have to remove the guide provider for a new install of a m3u tuner...

That's why I wanted those setting for choosing the source for the channel logo's, if Emby server keeps mixing up the source for the channel logos.

Some iptv apps have this option too, that channel logo's can be set up from the m3u or from the xmltv EPG file.

And if other users wants to use channel logo's from the guide provider, how do they set that up ?

Edited by Senna

Extra explanation:

1) existing m3u tuner + xmltv guide provider >>> channel logo's from m3u

2) remove existing m3u tuner

3) guide refresh

4) add new m3u tuner

5) guide refresh >>> channel logo's from xml and m3u

There is NO way to get all the channel logo's back, where the m3u is used as source for the channel logo's, WITHOUT removing the guide provider...

Reason: Emby PRIORITIZES the cached channel logo's from my guide provider and because my guide provider has some broken urls for some of the channel logo's, Emby mixes them up with the logo's from my m3u....

So please add user setting, which file Emby uses, to get the channel logo's from.

Edited by Senna
  • Like 1