Trouble getting NextPVR setup

CodeGreen
Go to solution Solved by arrbee99,

CodeGreen

Hello,

I am just trying to set up Live Tv using NextPvr for the first time.

I feel like I am probably just missing something, but I have been pouring over the wiki and the forums, and cannot see anything I've missed.  

I am using Emby Server 3.2.36.0

I am using NextPVR 4.0.5  (I have tested, and it is working fine)

I have the Next Pvr plugin v 3.1.6.0 installed.

On the Live Tv tab in Emby Server, under External Services I see Next Pvr.  It shows the version, and 'Up to date', and below that it shows Status: Ok 

Is there anything else I need to do?  When I go to Emby Theater to Live TV, under Channels and Guide it shows nothing, no error or anything, just empty.  The same if I use a browser by right clicking on the emby icon in the task tray, and choosing Browse Library.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Danny

arrbee99

Also, there is a NextPVR plug-in and a separate built in Emby NextPVR option - use one or the other but not both.

hi @@CodeGreen, yes if you've installed the next pvr plugin, then try running the scheduled task to refresh the guide data. It will happen automatically once per 24 hours.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

CodeGreen

Hello,

Yes, that was the issue.  Thank you very much for the help!

Just curious, above arrbee99 mentions an option other than the plug in.  Are there any advantages to doing it that way?

Thanks!

Danny

You're better off using the NextPVR plugin, since it has more capable scheduling, and knows what tuners are free for recording etc.

• Like 1

idrachman

i've installed nextPVR plug-in (with Hauppauge quad-tv tuner card). it recognizes all 4 tuners. I'm unable to watch two channels at one time. My url for the nextPVR service is http://localhost:xxxx/channels. EPG is fine.

Questions:

What is needed for mult-channel concurrent viewing?

I noticed that my CPU (i5 skylake) peaks at 100% at times with only one stream running (ffmpeg service). Would this limit my ability to watch two channels at one time on two different devices or is there some other config I need to look at? Thanks,

Ian

Edited by idrachman

i've installed nextPVR plug-in (with Hauppauge quad-tv tuner card). it recognizes all 4 tuners. I'm unable to watch two channels at one time. My url for the nextPVR service is http://localhost:xxxx/channels. EPG is fine.

Questions:

What is needed for mult-channel concurrent viewing?

I noticed that my CPU (i5 skylake) peaks at 100% at times with only one stream running (ffmpeg service). Would this limit my ability to watch two channels at one time on two different devices or is there some other config I need to look at? Thanks,

Ian

Did you configure your multiple tuners configured in NextPVR, and does it let you do record multiple channels at a time there?

I'm the author of NextPVR, so can help you with things on that side. The 100% CPU / ffmpeg etc is stuff happening in Emby. The Emby guys would need to help you with those aspects. 

idrachman

Did you configure your multiple tuners configured in NextPVR, and does it let you do record multiple channels at a time there?

I'm the author of NextPVR, so can help you with things on that side. The 100% CPU / ffmpeg etc is stuff happening in Emby. The Emby guys would need to help you with those aspects. 

hi Sub3 -

yes, I used the plugin and see all of my tuners present.  So, i appreciate that you're the man on this. 

I've reinstalled and now i can see two shows at same time.

Here's my steps for setup:

Installed emby

Installed NextPVR

Configured NextPVR for Hauppauge quad-HD tuner

Configure emby

Installed NextPVR plugin http://localhost:8866/channels

See tuners

Set up EPG through Schedule Direct - duplication channel listings show up (least of my concerns)

Where am I redundant (not needed), etc. or need to change something?

Thanks again for all of your help.

-Ian

Edited by idrachman

You probably have them configured in emby twice. Once through the next pvr plugin, and another through the next pvr menu option in emby. So you need to pick one and remove the other. Thanks.

Installed NextPVR

Configured NextPVR for Hauppauge quad-HD tuner

These are the only steps I can help with. Everything else in the list is Emby specific, and I don't use Emby here.

When you're in NextPVR, in the Settings->Devices screen, did you go into each of the four tuners, and accept it's offer to copy the configuration from the other tuners? If so, you should be good for all four tuners to be used. 

The way you listed setting up Schedules Direct last, makes it sound like you did this in Emby rather than NextPVR though, which makes me think you're using Emby's other built-in NextPVR support, rather than Sven's NextPVR plugin. 

Edited by sub3

emveepee

If you load through the channels URL then you are loading an m3u file which is not going to give you multi-tuner support. Luke keeps pushing the dumb tuner Emby implementation but it is not as powerful as the plugin

Martin

• 1 year later...