Emby Server on Drobo (5N)

Dewey80

11 minutes ago, Gelorion said:

is this app still available

Hi, what model Drobo do you have?

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, MunslowR said:

Is still Available have Drobo 5N2

Hi, not currently, but we can always look at resurrecting it if user interest for Drobo picks up again.

MunslowR

I for one willing to give it a try ASAP

will drobo allow you to publish on there apps

sure if was a lot more use ?

Yea I would think Drobo will accept it, if not we could still post the packages for manual install. The main issue for us is spending time and resources on it if there aren't enough users to justify it.

MunslowR

how reliable was the Packages you worked on a few years ago

honestly not sure how many on drobo now using Plex would change given chance (be interested to see how well drobo handles your server)

keep me in loop if decide to do any thing really like your setup plex seem to be falling behind

Regards

Robert

They worked just fine on our test Drobo, but of course, that's only one device. I will certainly keep this topic updated. Thanks for the feedback.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Gelorion said:

I have a  Drobo 5N. Is emby app still available?

Not currently but we can look at working on it again if there is enough interest.

FiercePierce

Luke, I finally got ssh and rsync working on both my DroboShare and my DroboFS.  I'll try and test EMBY on it tonight via the version and link above in the post if that would still be helpful.  Might have a use for it, but since I bought the ASUSTOR NAS, have only used my Drobos for backup.  I'll let ya know how it goes.

FiercePierce

Luke, I tried the original links at the beginning of this post, and they are dead links.  Anyway you can repost the files that you had for the drobos?  Would appreciate it.

Thanks.

FiercePierce

I was able to get the emby-drobo app to deploy using the drobo's normal drop it in the droboapps folder and restart the drobo.  However, when I go to IP:8096, it doesn't connect.  So, my assumption is that it's not running.  I'm not a linux guy, but I am an IT Admin, so with some instruction I could follow, I could troubleshoot to figure out if it's started and if not, try and get it to.

You able to help?

14 hours ago, FiercePierce said:

I was able to get the emby-drobo app to deploy using the drobo's normal drop it in the droboapps folder and restart the drobo.  However, when I go to IP:8096, it doesn't connect.  So, my assumption is that it's not running.  I'm not a linux guy, but I am an IT Admin, so with some instruction I could follow, I could troubleshoot to figure out if it's started and if not, try and get it to.

You able to help?

You mean you installed way back when or recently? If recently, where did you get it from?