Unable to stream music to another VLAN

gr3Y

Hi 
trying to stream music via Android or iOS app from my emby server to my Denon AVR-X2000 and it does not work. The streaming destination is not being offered...
But it works well with Amazon Music or e.g. the Synology Music App (DS Music)?!

PMS and iOS, Android devices are on VLAN A 
the AVR is on VLAN B

Any ideas why other apps are working and emby App does not?

regards

Baenwort

You should be able to setup a static route on your router to solve this until Emby supports another method. This is what I do to enable a separate VLAN for IoT devices but still enable Emby to cast to them from the main VLAN. 

The reason that the others are working is that both the casting and receiving device have a route to the internet cloud server that the services uses and that works as a middleman. The different VLAN devices aren't talking directly to each other but through the proxy of the cloud service you are using (Amazon Music or other).  You need to replicate something similar on your LAN. 

A possible alternative to making a static route, if you don't have control to do a static route, might be to setup a second virtual interface on your Emby server and assign that one to the second VLAN and the internally on the server route that to Emby also? I've never tried routing two to the same Emby instance so you'll have to experiment if Emby will track and address the return packets properly. 

• 1 year later...
Vanrolos

Which protocols and ports did you use when routing between VLANs with vlan "IOT" and your secure lan with Emby Server on it?

I'm trying to do just this. IOT vlan traffic to port 8096, TCP to the IP of my Emby Server did not work.

Which protocols and ports did you use when routing between VLANs with vlan "IOT" and your secure lan with Emby Server on it?

I'm trying to do just this. IOT vlan traffic to port 8096, TCP to the IP of my Emby Server did not work.

@@Vanrolos, what is the end goal that you're trying to accomplish?

Trying to connect to Emby Server on VLAN 1 from any device on VLAN 5 (IOT).

If you put a notebook or desktop on VLAN  5 can you get to the server with it?