Recording playback

torrys

Thanks for the quick reply.  Can you help me with any details? 

Seems like the recording doesn't show up until it's completed and converted.  How can I enable it to be viewed while it's recording?

Spaceboy

I think you’ve confirmed that we can’t expect in progress recordings to work with convert to mkv?

As a random thought, could you do something like record in ts and simultaneously convert to mkv. If playback of the recording is requested while it’s in progress, use the ts file. Once recording has finished dispose of the ts file.

I think you’ve confirmed that we can’t expect in progress recordings to work with convert to mkv?

As a random thought, could you do something like record in ts and simultaneously convert to mkv. If playback of the recording is requested while it’s in progress, use the ts file. Once recording has finished dispose of the ts file.

With conversion enabled I don't consider in-progress playback to be reliable but they should at least be showing up.

Spaceboy

With conversion enabled I don't consider in-progress playback to be reliable but they should at least be showing up.

no they don’t, that is exactly what I reported. When they show they play, they rarely show though

Thanks, I'll try that.  Here's a little picture proof that they don't show up until they are completed.  Forged in Fire "Deer horn knives" is recording but it doesn't show up anywhere until it's completed and converted.  2nd picture is 5 minutes before the show ends and it's still not in the latest recordings.  I'll try turning off the conversion step

post-2599-0-77430100-1513118822_thumb.jpg

post-2599-0-76984000-1513118828_thumb.jpg

I use nextPVR plugin.

I can watch recorded shows while they are recording.

I have two ways with two different results however :

1 - watch it from the normal recorded TV section, but as I FF the ads, if I catch up to real time, or if the show stops recording naturally, The payback stops without a resume point, so i have to play again and FF to the point I was at.

2 - Watch via a library view over the recorded TV folder.  if I catch up to real time, or if the show stops recording naturally, The payback stops however this method has a resume point so I can just press play again and pick up where I left off.

@@vaise for the plugin #2 is what i would recommend. In fact truthfully I think we should make that the only supported way with plugins. Thanks.

pünktchen

@@vaise for the plugin #2 is what i would recommend. In fact truthfully I think we should make that the only supported way with plugins. Thanks.

But then we have no metadata if the backend doesn't support Emby's naming convention or you record something that isn't available on themoviedb or tvdb.

Also deleting a file from Emby's library doesn't delete it from the backends database.

Turning off the recording conversion allows the recording to show up as soon as it starts which is nice though I also liked have the conversion happen for shows I just want to save.  Is there a way to schedule the conversion to happen nightly?

pünktchen

If you can provide examples of the naming conventions we can probably accommodate that.

Here i see big problems:

DVBLink -> All recordings are placed in one single folder. No seperation between movies, series or other content.

NextPVR -> By default all recordings are placed in one single folder with this naming convention "ProgramName_Date_StarttimeEndTime.ts"

DVBViewer -> By default there are no season or episode numbers available for file naming.

• Like 1

Turning off the recording conversion allows the recording to show up as soon as it starts which is nice though I also liked have the conversion happen for shows I just want to save.  Is there a way to schedule the conversion to happen nightly?

@@torrys that is something we'd like to do in the future, yes.