How to set MPC-HC as external player?

Henrie

lightsout

It can if the video is full frame. That's the bug. If the frame hight is less than 2155, it doesn't enable HDR.

So if you feel like trying mpv, I can't pretty much put a starter pack, together :D

Duh thats right, so for the most part a remux should work, because they have the black bars encoded in.

I am happy to check out a starter pack :D That would be great.

Heres my relevant specs

i5 4570s

8 gb ddr31600

GTX 1060 6GB

Connected to:

Denon x1400h

Samsung 55MU6290

Edited by lightsout

Guest asrequested

Groovy. What I'll do is update my thread in testing area with files and a step by step.

Quick question, is your windows desktop always in HDR10? If not, you should enable that.

lightsout

Groovy. What I'll do is update my thread in testing area with files and a step by step.

Quick question, is your windows desktop always in HDR10? If not, you should enable that.

That sounds cool thanks. See thats the thing, Windows HDR implementation stinks, thats why everyone is using madvr to handle passthrough when needed, because HDR always on in windows still has issues.

Guest asrequested

Having Windows in HDR10 won't affect what madVR does, but you'll need that enabled for mpv, of you want the same results.

lightsout

Having Windows in HDR10 won't affect what madVR does, but you'll need that enabled for mpv, of you want the same results.

I'll check it out, everytime I have ever messed with it the colors are always messed up, even on high it looks dim and weird. I always read everywhere not to use windows HDR setting.

Guest asrequested

They fixed that issue, a while ago. But Windows HDR10 is what madVR uses, it's the only possible way.

Edited by Doofus

lightsout

They fixed that issue, a while ago. But Windows HDR10 is what madVR uses, it's the only possible way.

But I believe it is still the only (don't quote me) thing that can turn it on and off when needed.

Guest asrequested

But I believe it is still the only (don't quote me) thing that can turn it on and off when needed.

PowerDVD can, too. And I believe madVR can only do it with the new Nvdiia API. And in my case, the switching between SDR and HDR with madVR, is just painful. I'd rather just play my movies, and now I can, with perfect playback :) And I don't have to adjust my desktop coloring, or any of that silly stuff.

lightsout

PowerDVD can, too. And I believe madVR can only do it with the new Nvdiia API. And in my case, the switching between SDR and HDR with madVR, is just painful. I'd rather just play my movies, and now I can, with perfect playback :) And I don't have to adjust my desktop coloring, or any of that silly stuff.

But is the IQ in the same league.  :ph34r:

Guest asrequested

But is the IQ in the same league.  :ph34r:

With mpv? Try it and see :) I'll have the starter pack up in a little while.

Edited by Doofus