How to set MPC-HC as external player?

Henrie

Hi there,

I recently updated to emby premire in my new WIN10 configuration, until now I was using MPC-HC as an external player in the MB3 version. Now I can't configure MPC-HC as the external player.

It seems to be so easy but I can't make i works:

C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe in the player path area

{path} in the command line arguments area

There are no more options, but it doesn't work, always the same error when trying to reproduce any movie... 

Error launching process: Type error: Cannot read property 'toString' of undefined.

Emby works fine with the internal player, there are no problems with the archives which can be opened without problem with the MPC-HC when tried directly.

What can I do?

Many thanks in advance.

post-1497-0-02028400-1512950999_thumb.png

post-1497-0-47660500-1512951017_thumb.png

jachin99

Look over in the emby for wmc section. We had the same issue and someone came up with a script to make it work. Out of curiosity why use mpc hc when Emby theater also has madvr?

hi, did you research the required command line arguments for mpc-hc?

Required line arguments? What you mean with that? Until the reinstall I didn't need any arguments, MPC just works fine. Where I can find those arguments? I`m a basic user, can you help me?

ShoutingMan

I use MPC-HC for 3D movie playback and don't use any additional command line parameters, just the Emby basics:

C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe

{path}

• 1 year later...

I'm getting an error on this link. But having the same problem launching mpchc. Anyone know how to solve it?

Can you please describe your issue in more detail? Thanks.

lightsout

Can you please describe your issue in more detail? Thanks.

Sorry I add C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe in the external player path area.

And I get this error "Error launching process: Type error: Cannot read property 'toString' of undefined."

lightsout

Do you have {path} there, too?

Negative. Does it need to be? I figured If the box said add the path here it would know what I was entering.

you need to research the required command line arguments for your external player and make sure to configure them.

lightsout

you need to research the required command line arguments for your external player and make sure to configure them.

Yeah I'm not sure about that. It always worked in the Media Browser days just linking to the .exe. Seems like if anyone is using external players MPC-HC would be the most common. I would have thought this info would be easy to find around here.

lightsout

Do you have {path} there, too?

I tried putting {path} before it, with and without a space. Didn't help, same error.

Guest asrequested

I tried putting {path} before it, with and without a space. Didn't help, same error.

You don't add it the actual path. It goes on the command line arguments section. Read through that page, again.

lightsout

You don't add it the actual path. It goes on the command line arguments section. Read through that page, again.

Yes I had tried that, just did it again to be sure. No dice. Are you able to get it working like that?

When the OP posted the same issue, you posted a git link that is no longer working, any idea what that was for?

post-4065-0-07318200-1553021065_thumb.png

Edited by lightsout

lightsout

And maybe you will let me help you get mpv dialed in, so you don't need MPC-HC?

Right now it just says {path}, I copied some other peoples settings like

/start

and stuff like that but same error. The reason I use the HTPC is to watch something knowing I am getting the best quality, not using madvr feels like I am leaving something on the table. Although using MPV would be easier.

Does it handle HDR passthough like MadVR?

post-4065-0-08128200-1553021807_thumb.png

post-4065-0-16529100-1553021817_thumb.png

lightsout

You don't have the full path of the player. You have to add the executable.

Oh dear I'm sorry. What an idiot, it was buried in two folders with similar naming and I thought that was the exe. Thank you very much.

Thanks for the HDR shot, I thought the Shield couldn't pass HDR?

Guest asrequested

Oh dear I'm sorry. What an idiot, it was buried in two folders with similar naming and I thought that was the exe. Thank you very much.

Thanks for the HDR shot, I thought the Shield couldn't pass HDR?

It can if the video is full frame. That's the bug. If the frame hight is less than 2155, it doesn't enable HDR.

So if you feel like trying mpv, I can't pretty much put a starter pack, together :D