Media Browser Kinect - Help

travelmanics

travelmanics

I have managed to install all the appropriate files from mediabrowser kinect.com and got the kinect working with my PC. voice training works well and I am able to control the PC

I can get the kinect plugin working. It recognises me with face detection, connects to the media browser server and is set up for working with media browser theatre

However, I cannot get it to control media browser theatre like I have see on the videos I.e

Go to hd movies

To to man of steel

Play movie etc

All I can do is say move right, move left, enter etc.

How do you train the plugin to work specifically with media browser. Is there some kind of training programme or text to speech document that needs to be completed?

Any help greatly appreciated.

By the way very surprised this plugin is free. To keep the development of this alive I am more than happy to donate if that is possible

Edited by travelmanics
  • Like 1

Xzener

It's been a while since I've used MBKinect, but make sure your library has been properly setup. There will be a couple .dll files (one of which being library.dll if I remember correctly) listing your VFs and movie collection. If these .dlls haven't been created by the app, MBKinect will not respond to your commands.

Edited by Xzener

travelmanics

Media Browser 3 appears to be set up correctly however, there is no file called library.dll on my file system.  Still having the same problem with MBKinect.

Another suggestions?  Does anyone know who to generate the library.dll?

Regards

travelmanics

Finally got it working after uninstalling everything and starting from scratch.  Must have done something wrong in the beginning.  

Using Media Browser Theatre I get limited success but will continue to persevere with the training and see if it improves.  Better performance with MB Classic.  Not sure why.

However, couple of more questions if that's ok.

1.) Everything now appears to be working but on the Kinect the green light always flashes.  I never get the red light or the solid green light

2.) When a movie or TV episode is playing it does not appear to be able to pause or stop the movie/tv episode.  I am using the commands "designation" ""pause/stop" "movie/episode".  Can anyone advise whether this is the correct command or not?

3.) I currently have Windows Kinect SDK 1.7 installed but notice there is a version 1.8  Should this be installed instead?

4.) Any idea to get a different voice to Anna?  It appears to be all that is available on Windows 7 X64

Note: I am using RC2.5 of MBKiinect on Windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks for your time.

chef

Media browser theatre must be slightly configured differently in it code. Although many would beg to differ...

I have had little success controlling the theatre the way I can control all the other clients... To my dismay.

All the code written should work, but I can never get mbkinect to search past the home screen.

But, when I choose "collections" all is fine. It is unfortunate at the moment, but I will continue to try and configure the app to work with the theatre.

Great news you got it working?

New versions will be available shortly :)

travelmanics

Hi chef thanks the reply.

Theatre does seem a little strange. For example if I say (from main menu) "show me TV" it works everytime. However, if I say "go to TV" it never works. Also "show me Main Menu" is recognised as a command by kinect but does nothing I.e it does not return to main menu. Voice training does appear to help a little.

I have even tried talking in an American accent to see if that helps. Unfortunately not, maybe I am just rubbish at accents.

Either way what has been done so far is great. Look forward to future updates

Regards

• 2 months later...
chef

Website updated with latest installer:

Www.mediabrowserkinect.com

travelmanics

Hi chef,

Just tried the new installer. All installed ok but when I do the first I get the new red screen with a spinning cycle. Circle spins for about 5-7 seconds and then I get an APP CRASH in the exe. The fault module states msvcrt.dll.

Tried several installs as admin and not and the same crash always happens. Only previous versions of kinect where uninstalled first. Kinect was plugged in and flash green before I started the app.