Updated to version 1.0.32 and subtitles stopped working

amaga

Hi

Like the title says, my app automatically updated to version 1.0.32 and external (srt) subtitles are no longer being displayed. In the app settings, the option to always show subtitles is marked, and when I click on the “cc” option in the player, the external subtitle is selected, but it won’t appear as the movie plays.

MrPancake2

I'm having the same problem, so I'm posting my logs from yesterday.

I tried it many times with the app, then I gave up and used DNLA to play with subtitles.

I'm sorry if the log is long, if you think it's hard to use I can reproduce the error again and make a new one.

The attempts were made on the 8th of December at around 7:50 pm.

Cheers

server-63648323772.txt

ffmpeg-remux-077f02ee-1068-4cc5-b034-6f1ec8d493f7.txt

Please try installing the latest release of emby server from the website and see if that has an impact. thanks !

Hi Luke

I’m already running the latest version according to the server’s dashboard (3.2.26.0). Are you saying I should remove it and install from e new download from the website?

Hi, no need to remove anything. Just run the installer and it will apply the latest over your existing version. thanks !

MrPancake2

Please try installing the latest release of emby server from the website and see if that has an impact. thanks !

This worked for me, thank you very much for the quick fix!

Speaking of subtitles on Samsung TV, it would be great if you could offer the option of not having that black background with the subtitles?

It looks better IMO with a transparent background.

Thanks once again!

• Like 1

FrostByte

Speaking of subtitles on Samsung TV, it would be great if you could offer the option of not having that black background with the subtitles?

It looks better IMO with a transparent background.

It's possible for the future, thanks.

Pleeeeeze :)  Looks so much better in the old Orsay app with transparent background

Hi Luke

I ran the installer, like you advised, and the server was upgraded to version 3.2.50.0. Subtitles, however, are still missing.

I followed the instructions you sent on how to get the log files. Only the server generated logs, which I'm attaching below. Ffmpeg didn't generate any (I assume its because the client is playing the files directly, without the need to transcode them).

One thing that may be important: I name the srt files with the same name as the movie files, but they have an extra "br" term before the file extension. This is my own convention for subtitles.

So, for example, the file Game.of.Thrones.S05E08.mkv has a subititle named Game.of.Thrones.S05E08.br.srt. When choosing the subtitle in the Emby client, this causes the subtitle to be displayed as an "und" language when I select it.

Thanks for the help!

Did you forget to attach the log file?

As far as the extra br, i would try removing that, sorry. That's not a supported convention and is likely to cause text encoding errors.

Hello I have samsung tv 2017  model 55mu6272 and subtitles doesnt appear.I can see it and choose it from menu cc but doesnt appear while play movie.On other devices like phone or web browser subtitles are OK.

Version of emby server is lastest 3.2.50.00

Hello I have samsung tv 2017  model 55mu6272 and subtitles doesnt appear.I can see it and choose it from menu cc but doesnt appear while play movie.On other devices like phone or web browser subtitles are OK.
Version of emby server is lastest 3.2.50.00

@@mirel, could you please enable 'Enable debug logging' on the Logs page and retest this for me.  Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

We've got it resolved for the next release of the app, thanks. It is a Samsung defect we have added a workaround for. Thanks.

• Like 1

one more thing.is it posible to add option to zoom movie to full screen.i hate black bars on top and botom of movie. happy new year.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk