Updated to version 1.0.32 and subtitles stopped working

amaga

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Luke,

My tv app ugraded to version 1.0.33 but subtitles still won’t show. I looked into the release notes thread, but 1.0.33 isn’t there. Was this issue with subtitles dealt with in this new release, or was it postponed?

hi @@amaga, yes it was in the 1.0.33 release. At this point we're going to need a sample video & subtitles so that we can test ourselves on the same media. can you you provide that? thanks.

@@SamES any thoughts?

Hi @@amaga, could you please provide the media info for the video file (from the bottom of the details screen on the server is fine).  I will try and find a similar file in my library to test.   Just to confirm, your model is UN60J6300, correct?

@@mirel, did the latest release fix your subtitle issues or are you still having an issue?

Edited by SamES

Hi Luke,

Just ran a couple of more tests and I think I understand what´s going on. Subtitles are displaying when the subtitle file is named exactly the same as the movie. For example, the following is working:

Game.of.Thrones.S07E07.mkv

Game.of.Thrones.S07E07.srt

However, when I add the subtitle language abbreviation in the name of the subtitle file, the subtitles won´t display. For example:

Batteries Not Included.mkv

Batteries Not Included.br.mkv

Batteries Not Included.en.mkv

The strange thing is that, in this case, both subtitle options are shown in the Samsung App (in the movie detail page) as well as on the player, when I click the "cc" option.

Let me know if you can reproduce this. If necessary, I can upload a media file with a subtitle file to a server so you can download it to test it out. I can also send my emby server logs if needed.

Sorry, the second example above should be:

Batteries Not Included.br.srt

Batteries Not Included.en.srt

Sorry, the second example above should be:

Batteries Not Included.br.srt

Batteries Not Included.en.srt

MrPancake2

Hi, just to let you know that once again my subtitles stopped working, as the other users.

Do you need another log?

I tested what @@amaga said and even without the language in the filename it doesn't work.

Edited by MrPancake2

@Luke 

I uploaded media files to these urls:

http://mac2.dev.macit.com.br/emby-forum/Batteries Not Included.mkv

http://mac2.dev.macit.com.br/emby-forum/Batteries Not Included.br.srt

http://mac2.dev.macit.com.br/emby-forum/Batteries Not Included.en.srt

I also uploaded the server logs from my tests yesterday:

http://mac2.dev.macit.com.br/emby-forum/server-63651760414.txt

@@SamES this is happening on both my tvs: UN60J6300 and UN55J5500

@@SamES can you try this sample? it seems to be fine for me because we normalize the language, therefore en and eng are both treated the same. thanks.

hi,

New Emby user in France, my tv shows are ok with external french subtitles in my browser but not on my UE48JU6510 TV.

Any subtitles choice leads to display english subtitles (wich are internals)... 

if there's no internal subtitles, then none are displayed.

I'm using latest server version

My tests were with these files

American Gods - S01E01 - The Bone Orchard.fr.srt 
American Gods - S01E01 - The Bone Orchard.mkv 
American Gods - S01E01 - The Bone Orchard.nfo   
American Gods - S01E01 - The Bone Orchard-thumb.jpg 
American Gods - S01E02 - The Secret of Spoons.en.srt
American Gods - S01E02 - The Secret of Spoons.mkv
American Gods - S01E02 - The Secret of Spoons.nfo
American Gods - S01E02 - The Secret of Spoons.srt
American Gods - S01E02 - The Secret of Spoons-thumb.jpg
American Gods - S01E03 - Head Full of Snow.en.srt
American Gods - S01E03 - Head Full of Snow.fr.srt
American Gods - S01E03 - Head Full of Snow.mkv
American Gods - S01E03 - Head Full of Snow.nfo
American Gods - S01E03 - Head Full of Snow-thumb.jpg 

all srt are in french
i tried to rename the srt for the 2nd one to remove the .fr but it doesn't change anything

For information here's the detail for the mkv file
Fichier « American Gods - S01E01 - The Bone Orchard.mkv » : conteneur : Matroska [container_type:17 date_local:2017-04-30T02\c01\c01+02\c00 date_utc:2017-04-30T00\c01\c01Z duration:3775828000000 is_providing_timestamps:1 muxing_application:libebml\sv1.3.4\s+\slibmatroska\sv1.4.7 segment_uid:def380e604ac1f1125c272f7c3ae1e83 writing_application:mkvmerge\sv11.0.0\s(master\c\s9c5e79f\s/\sdeflate\c\sd4c438e)\s\bX86_64\B]
Identifiant de piste 0 : video (MPEG-4p10/AVC/h.264) [codec_id:V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC codec_private_data:0164001fffe1001d6764001fac520a02d0d7e6c05a810100a000007d2000177011e306315001000668e89e1f3c8f codec_private_length:46 default_duration:41708333 default_track:1 display_dimensions:720x406 enabled_track:1 forced_track:0 language:eng minimum_timestamp:0 number:1 packetizer:mpeg4_p10_video pixel_dimensions:720x406 uid:1]
Identifiant de piste 1 : audio (AAC) [audio_channels:2 audio_sampling_frequency:48000 codec_id:A_AAC codec_private_data:1190 codec_private_length:2 default_duration:21333333 default_track:1 enabled_track:1 forced_track:0 language:eng minimum_timestamp:20000000 number:2 uid:780869579317966608]
Identifiant de piste 2 : subtitles (SubRip/SRT) [codec_id:S_TEXT/UTF8 codec_private_length:0 default_track:0 enabled_track:1 encoding:UTF-8 forced_track:0 language:eng number:3 text_subtitles:1 track_name:English uid:13005646017225980098]
Identifiant de piste 3 : subtitles (SubRip/SRT) [codec_id:S_TEXT/UTF8 codec_private_length:0 default_track:0 enabled_track:1 encoding:UTF-8 forced_track:0 language:eng number:4 text_subtitles:1 track_name:English\s(SDH) uid:12050410516108946188]

server-63652419776.txt

Edited by sebhash

hi,

New Emby user in France, my tv shows are ok with external french subtitles in my browser but not on my UE48JU6510 TV.

Any subtitles choice leads to display english subtitles (wich are internals)... 

if there's no internal subtitles, then none are displayed.

I'm using latest server version

hi @@sebhash, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

There does some to be an issue that is mostly affecting J-series.  Is someone with a J-series able to confirm that this did work in previous versions and if they can identify a previous version number of the app that this worked with?  Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi Luke

I was out of home on February and only now was able to update the app and test it. Subtitles are now showing. However, when I have more than one subtitle for a movie, the app will alternate between the two subtitles. For example, if I have portuguese and english, sometimes english subtitles appear and other times portuguese. And sometimes they change halfway through a sentence. Let me know if there is any way I can help.

Hi Luke

I was out of home on February and only now was able to update the app and test it. Subtitles are now showing. However, when I have more than one subtitle for a movie, the app will alternate between the two subtitles. For example, if I have portuguese and english, sometimes english subtitles appear and other times portuguese. And sometimes they change halfway through a sentence. Let me know if there is any way I can help.

Someone reported something similar here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/56043-double-subtitles/

So i would just follow that topic. Thanks.

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Emby for Samsung Tizen 1.0.61 has been released for 2015-2019 models. Please try it out and stay tuned to the blog for release notes. Thanks !

• 1 month later...