Upgrading from mono to .net core

egandt

I've been using the mono releases on Ubuntu, since I need control over locations, which the deb does not allow for. 

As I understand it .net core is the replacement, which leads to an obvious question, how do I upgrade from mono to .net core without lose of data, since I really do not want to start from scratch?

Thanks,

ERIC

Some users have reported success with the backup plugin. Backup, install the new deb from https://emby.media/linux-server.html, then use the backup plugin to restore.

When you say you need control over the locations what exactly do you mean?

I need control over all file placements so nothing in /var or /usr for third party software, as such for instance I have a /websites/emby location where I manage Emby from. which is why I'm wondering about using the embyserver-netcore-3.2.50.3.zip the same why I use to use and manage emby Emby.Mono.zip.

ERIC

thatoneguy99

my suggestion would be to run it side by side from your mono install and yes you can change all of that stuff. there is an emby config file where you can specify the locations. not too sure you could do it prior to install though.