Stuck on "Retrieving"

cryptonix

cryptonix

Everything is running on gigabit network cable, not wireless. Ive tried adjusting the rate away from auto and tried some high medium and low options, nothing is working. Do you think its trying to direct play an audio or video stream, and it isnt working? Can you manually set it to always transcode? All transcoded videos play fine, my Emby server is installed on a new dedicated high spec computer, so its never given any hassles with that before.

It is transcoding now (at least in the logs you sent) due to the very low bitrate setting and the fact that it is HEVC (not supported by your device).

The transcode itself looks to be fast enough but, if that bitrate was determined by the auto bitrate setting, then that again points to a very slow response from the server at the time the test was done.

• 2 months later...
Jdiesel

Any resolution to this? I think I'm having the same issue with nginx and Roku clients. Anyone care to share the nginx config that works well with Rokus?

pir8radio

Any resolution to this? I think I'm having the same issue with nginx and Roku clients. Anyone care to share the nginx config that works well with Rokus?

@@pir8radio is a good resource for that.

My config works with roku...   your issue may be different to the original poster, so dunno if you want to start a new or find a closer topic to post in? 

Here is my config, https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/48236-setting-up-emby-behind-a-reverse-proxy-nginx/?p=457670 its stripped down a bit for the regular user...

Edited by pir8radio