Collections & Playlists quirk

StLDreiling

StLDreiling

So I'm pretty sure that if you have your Library set to "Group movies into collections," and individual movies from a Collection are added as the first items on a Playlist, you will not be able to play that Playlist normally. To get the playlist to play, you'll have to select and play the first title itself. I'm probably an edge case, but there's no way I can get by without grouping movies into Collections in my library view. Any thoughts?

StLDreiling

What happens when you to to play it?

@@Luke, if you click the "play" button on a particular playlist from within the Playlist folder or "Play" from within the playlist itself, the spinning Material wheel spins (on website and Emby Theater; on the Roku it's the Roku spinner). Forever. If I click shuffle, however, and it happens to choose a title that isn't part of a Collection, it starts playing immediately. And if I click the first title itself in the list, it plays without issue.

StLDreiling

Also @@ebr, I should note that while the browser and Emby Theater both list items in playlists individually, regardless of whether they are in Collections or not, when "Group movies into collections" is selected the Roku app shows only the Collection in the playlist, and if multiple items from the same Collection are part of the same playlist, the Collection will only be listed once in place of the first Collection "member" item listed. Not sure about other apps yet.