Subtitle custom language flag issue with Coverart

heula

Since a few days ago I do not longer let Emby download my subtitels but Sickrage does that for me now because it has more options.

Because of that the name of the subtitle has changed from .dut.srt to .nl.srt

The problem is that when there is also an English subtitel present my custom flag overlay will not be set with the Dutch language flag. When I remove the English subtitle my custom Dutch flag is visible in the episode thumb. Also when I change .nl.srt to .dut.srt the custom Dutch language flag will be visible.

My question is why is this and can it be fixed so my custom Dutch language flag will always be visible?

I already checked the Sickrage settings but I can't change the way they name the subtitles.

Episode nfo as example. All subtitles are in there.

5dlwmmA.jpg

Thanks.

Make a copy of your custom image named 'subt_nl.png'

That is the first thing I did. It works as long there is only a Dutch subtitle present. When an English subtitle is added before or after it is no longer visible.

That's weird or not?

CoverArt will only see the first subtitle and will favor external ones over internal ones.  There is really no practical way to handle more than one.

CoverArt will only see the first subtitle and will favor external ones over internal ones.  There is really no practical way to handle more than one.

But how is it possible than when emby download the subtitles in English as .eng.srt and when Dutch is available as .dut.srt I will see the Dutch flag.

Alphabeticle order perhaps. Is het possible to set a favorite language to use for this?

But how is it possible than when emby download the subtitles in English as .eng.srt and when Dutch is available as .dut.srt I will see the Dutch flag.

Alphabeticle order perhaps. Is het possible to set a favorite language to use for this?

Yes it is probably alphabetical.  It just takes the first one favoring external if there are any.

Yes it is probably alphabetical.  It just takes the first one favoring external if there are any.

Isn't there a way to set a favorite language to use with Coverart?

• 3 months later...
heula

Is it possible that Coverart ignores creating the flag for English Subs?

Than only my Dutch subs will be take care off.

If possible both flags off course but if not just let it handle the ones we want. 

Thanks.

• 1 year later...
Senna

Isn't there a way to set a favorite language to use with Coverart?

I also want to know if that is possible.

Because without it, using subtitle overlays with Coverart is useless, when you have media with lots of subtracks (including your own native language), where the default subtrack is another language than your native language.

heula

I also want to know if that is possible.

Because without it, using subtitle overlays with Coverart is useless, when you have media with lots of subtracks (including your own native language), where the default subtrack is another language than your native language.

In Kodi it works on alphabetical order. 

nl.srt comes after eng.srt so English flag will be visible.

If you want dutch or other language visible you need to set it to Dut.srt or don't download English subs.

Senna

nl.srt comes after eng.srt so English flag will be visible.

If you want dutch or other language visible you need to set it to Dut.srt or don't download English subs.

Thanks, I already understood that, from the previous posts and got that working already.

My problem is that some of my libraries are Online content (strm based Emby libraries), so I can't change source content.

So for Online content, it is useless (read unnecessary work) to let Emby download NL subs again for that content locally, while those NL subs are already present in the Online source, just to get a sub overlay.

That's why my question, if a language setting could be possible in the Cover Art plugin itself, because ebr told in another topic, that the plugin runs standalone, without looking at User language subtitle preferences.

heula

That's why my question, if a language setting could be possible in the Cover Art plugin itself, because ebr told in another topic, that the plugin runs standalone, without looking at User language subtitle preferences.

I have not found it so I think it is not possible.