Missing Menubar Icon

majorsl

majorsl

Somewhere in the last couple of versions the Emby icon vanished from my menubar, and since I turned the dock icon off I really don't have a way to get into the options in the Finder. Even a reboot doesn't bring it back.

Is there a preference key in a txt file somewhere I can use to at least re-enable the Dock icon so that I can poke around and investigate?

That's strange. I just tested and it seems to be there for me. We don't have any settings to control it so it's not as if you disabled it by accident. You're sure the server is definitely running?

majorsl

Oh yeah, it definitely is. It's been gone since my system froze while Emby was also running.  Through the last 3 versions it isn't up there.

I've been just shutting down via the web GUI and relaunching it by opening it like I normally would on the Mac.

Other than that, everything works perfectly. I finally have some time to ask and do something about it.

Everyone is streaming right now or I'd close and re-open and see if I see an error in the Mac's console.

Are there any electron processes running? that's where the tray icon is coming from. it's possible the electron process crashed or just failed to load altogether.

majorsl

Yup:

Electron 0.2 1:16.29 23 0 543 majorsl 0 bytes 0 bytes 0 0 0 bytes 0 bytes 64 bit - No 0 bytes No 0 bytes 0 bytes 0 bytes 0 bytes No No 0 bytes No

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
vangeliis

I still have yet to see this occur but will be testing for it, thanks.

Perhaps it's related to what I reported here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/54022-v3260-doesnt-fully-quit/

The menu bar icon "goes missing" because the Server does not restart correctly (or doesn't shut down correctly). When I restart EmbyServer from the command line (/Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS/EmbyServer) the menu bar icon comes back.

I hope version 3.2.61 that fixes a DLNA crash will cure this problem(?).

vangeliis

So it only happens after a restart, is that true?

That's correct, (on my machine at least).

vangeliis

And what if you just shutdown the app and start up again manually?

Start up/shutdown via the command line works without any proble, and via the Finder only works for the first time after a reboot or logout/log back in.