Emby Very Buggy on ATV

Jonathan1683

Jonathan1683

Hello,

I am new to emby which I have been struggling to get working. I really like the program and interface and think it's a great idea, I even purchased it on my idevice. I was about to purchase premiere, but I wanted to make sure I was content with the stability and how well it worked remotely, but I have been having an issue every night with it on lan so far so I wanted to let you guys know so maybe you can fix some of these issues or help me understand why they are happening. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you :)

1. Emby randomly skips episodes and I have to restart them I will be watching a show it will glitch and skip to the next show.

2. Sometimes the app says logging in and the wheel spins and it won't log in.

3. I keep seeing multiple instances or FFMPEG running it doesn't seem to kill the processes.

4. Today I was watching a show again and my whole HTPC froze up. I checked and there were like 20-30 instances of FFMPEG running.

5. Yesterday I had to watch a whole episode with "subtitles Loading" at the bottom.

Version 3.2.36.0

Windows 7

hi @@Jonathan1683, please install the latest version of Emby Server from the website and let us know how this compares. I think it will be a major difference.

Since you are on Windows 7 you will need SP1 as well as making sure Windows Updates are fully up to date. 

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

Jonathan1683

Thank you I would have tried to update, but I had automatic updates checked so I thought it was up to date. I will install it right now, I know i have SP1 already I will run a update as well to make sure things are as they should be.