Emby & PlexDrive

breezytm

breezytm
A little help here

I am not sure why I can't get Emby to see subfolders in my gdrive using PlexDrive. It is not permission issue as far as I can tell. I can easily login as emby and browser the mount. 

Here's as you can see I can't go any further than mount point

5a275042e1375_Capture.png

Login as emby user to the box I can navigate the share. Is if fair to say this is an Emby issue?

5a27508ad5400_Capture2.png

Thanks for all help. Also anyone else using Plexdrive successfully with Emby?

• 2 months later...
chris243

A little help here

I am not sure why I can't get Emby to see subfolders in my gdrive using PlexDrive. It is not permission issue as far as I can tell. I can easily login as emby and browser the mount. 

Here's as you can see I can't go any further than mount point

5a275042e1375_Capture.png

Login as emby user to the box I can navigate the share. Is if fair to say this is an Emby issue?

5a27508ad5400_Capture2.png

Thanks for all help. Also anyone else using Plexdrive successfully with Emby?

Did you find an answer to this? Running into the same issue. I'm even running emby as the same user that owns the plexdrive mount and I still can't see any folders

breezytm

Yes I did. I install and use both version 4 & 5. Version 4 for plex and 5 for Emby. PlexDrive4 doesn’t seem to work with Emby. I don’t know why but I spent so much time trying to get it to work and when I tried plexdrive5 it worked I never looked back :)

You can run two different build with 2 different mount points. Do keep in mind plexdrive 4 is called “plexdrive4” where as the latest version 5 is just called “plexdrive” without a number. So I renamed mine plexdrive5 and created

/mnt/plexdrive4

/mnt/plexdrive5

Edited by breezytm
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
fidodone

Yes I did. I install and use both version 4 & 5. Version 4 for plex and 5 for Emby. PlexDrive4 doesn’t seem to work with Emby. I don’t know why but I spent so much time trying to get it to work and when I tried plexdrive5 it worked I never looked back :)

You can run two different build with 2 different mount points. Do keep in mind plexdrive 4 is called “plexdrive4” where as the latest version 5 is just called “plexdrive” without a number. So I renamed mine plexdrive5 and created

/mnt/plexdrive4

/mnt/plexdrive5

I was wondering, did you follow any tutorial?
Because I'm still kinda new with Linux, and I want to do this process here
I want to be able to use Plex with Plexdrive4 and Emby with the newer version

breezytm

Yeah it's a little confusing at first but then it gets easier once you understand what you are doing. As a noob, if you want to take the easy way out you can following this guide. Both the easy and the hard way aren't that far off as they both require the same configurations. The only thing with this guide is the team behind it scripted almost everything. It's just a matter of following the guide, install their software and follow the wiki one page at a time.

Since I like to be aware of what I am doing and I don't like to install stuff I find online I took the hard way out. I manually installed and configured everything. 

To be fair, i went to through all the scripts in the git and didn't find any malicious piece of code or even anything suspicious. 

• Like 1

Animosity022

I use plexdrive (v5) with encrypted rclone and don't see any issues. I've been playing around with Emby again over the last few days to see how it's doing with the cloud drives.

What's your actual mount commands that you are using? That might help as once it's mounted, it's pretty straight forward.

My mount just runs this:

/home/felix/scripts/plexdrive -o allow_other -v 2 mount /GD >>/home/felix/logs/plexdrive.log 2>&1

breezytm

I use plexdrive (v5) with encrypted rclone and don't see any issues. I've been playing around with Emby again over the last few days to see how it's doing with the cloud drives.

What's your actual mount commands that you are using? That might help as once it's mounted, it's pretty straight forward.

My mount just runs this:

/home/felix/scripts/plexdrive -o allow_other -v 2 mount /GD >>/home/felix/logs/plexdrive.log 2>&1

I don't remember but it shouldn't be any different than the one from the wiki from the link I sent you. 

Animosity022

The only things I can think of. 

- Are you seeing the plexdrive cache fully built in the logs? It usually has a message like this:

Feb 27 12:06:32 plex plexdrive[4252]: #033[36m[HOME/FELIX/SCRIPTS/PLEXDRIVE] [2018-02-27 12:06] INFO   : Mounting path /GD
Feb 27 12:06:32 plex plexdrive[4252]: #033[0m#033[36m[HOME/FELIX/SCRIPTS/PLEXDRIVE] [2018-02-27 12:06] INFO   : First cache build process started...
Feb 27 12:06:33 plex plexdrive[4252]: #033[0m#033[36m[HOME/FELIX/SCRIPTS/PLEXDRIVE] [2018-02-27 12:06] INFO   : Processed 5 items / deleted 0 items / updated 5 items
Feb 27 12:06:33 plex plexdrive[4252]: #033[0m#033[36m[HOME/FELIX/SCRIPTS/PLEXDRIVE] [2018-02-27 12:06] INFO   : First cache build process finished!

My mounted plexdrive has group and other read/execute permissions on it so my emby user can see into the folder:

[root@[member="Plex"] /]# ls -al | grep GD
drwxr-xr-x    1 felix felix     0 Apr 18  2017 GD

Example dir:

[root@[member="Plex"] Movies]# ls -al | head -5
total 279
drwxrwxr-x  15 felix felix   15 Mar  3 04:12 .
dr-xr-xr-x. 21 root  root  4096 Feb 23 10:56 ..
drwxrwxr-x   1 felix felix    0 May 17  2017 101.Dalmatians.(1996)
drwxrwxr-x   1 felix felix    0 Apr 27  2017 10.Cloverfield.Lane.(2016)

As I noted in my mount, I use allow others which is needed to let other users see the mount and that requires /etc/fuse.conf to be set as well:

[root@[member="Plex"] Movies]# cat /etc/fuse.conf
# mount_max = 1000
user_allow_other

To allow others. I've mainly used plexdrive5 since it was out and haven't seen any differences with plex or emby in terms of reading the mounted directory. Can you share the permissions on the mounts / directories as that might a starting spot to look if the cache is already built in plexdrive.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
cort3znica

This is kind of dissapointing.  I just decided to comeback to Emby to find out that it doesn't work with plexdrive4 anymore.  I dont like Plexdrive (v5) as it does uses A LOT of unnecesary bandwidth.

Animosity022

Use rclone cache at this point.

Not sure I've ever noticed a difference in bandwidth with v4 and v5 plexdrive. It just requests whatever Emby or Plex asks for. What are you seeing different from that?

cort3znica

Last time I checked, Plexdrive 5 used almost as twice the size of my library on "transfer bandwidth" to scan it for the first time while plexdrive 4 only required 20% of the library's total size.

I'll give rclone cache a try. I honestly didn't know it doesnt affect google's api requests till now.

Use rclone cache at this point.

Not sure I've ever noticed a difference in bandwidth with v4 and v5 plexdrive. It just requests whatever Emby or Plex asks for. What are you seeing different from that?

Edited by cort3znica