LG Oled C7 upscaling Emby

gnollo

I'm a premiere user, currently using Emby Theater on an HTPC connected to a 50 inches Panasonic plasma (720p).
Looking to upgrade to the 65 inches C7 but reading mixed reports about picture quality if you feed it anything less than bluray. 90% of my library is not bluray so I'm concerned about going back in terms of picture quality. Has anyone done A/B comparisons between
- HTPC
- LG Emby app
- wired amazon fire tv hd
@

@@FrostByte

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

FrostByte

Rtings did some testing and has a good write-up on the C7 and SDR content viewing is rated pretty high.  They also have some calibration tweaks if you like

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/c7-oled

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/c7-oled/settings

Some of what you read may have been prior to calibration.  Calibrating can help with any TV of course.  They usually come calibrated for showrooms at Best Buy or something and not someone's living room

Edited by FrostByte

I bought a 55" C7V during the Black Friday sales here in the UK and the picture quality is amazing, whether it SD, HD or UHD.

Do you use an HTPC or the Emby app on WebOS?

The Android TV app on my Shield TV.

Any upsides on using a shield tv vs amazon fire HD?

Any upsides on using a shield tv vs amazon fire HD?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.androidcentral.com/nvidia-shield-tv-vs-amazon-fire-tv-vs-roku%3famp

Mhm I think this answers my own question. I'm using MCE on the HTPC as a PVR, do you guys use Emby as PVR? Is it mature enough to use for that purpose? Can you stream live satellite HD channels to the Shield using the Emby app? And setup new recordings via the same app on Shield?

andyblac644

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.androidcentral.com/nvidia-shield-tv-vs-amazon-fire-tv-vs-roku%3famp

Mhm I think this answers my own question. I'm using MCE on the HTPC as a PVR, do you guys use Emby as PVR? Is it mature enough to use for that purpose? Can you stream live satellite HD channels to the Shield using the Emby app? And setup new recordings via the same app on Shield?

Yes and yes

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yes and yes

Any good setup guides for EmbyTv? I have already created a Schedules Direct lineup to replace the original MCE TV guide, it would be great to reuse that.

andyblac644

Any good setup guides for EmbyTv? I have already created a Schedules Direct lineup to replace the original MCE TV guide, it would be great to reuse that.

I use my Enigma2 STB with emby, but I'm sure you could do same with USB or PCI DVB-S2 tuner.

I am using a TBS dual DVB-S2 hi def satellite tuner with MCE. I was more after a tutorial on how to setup the Emby TV server.

Tested the Dvbviewer plugin, no use to me as it doesn't support schedules direct.

NextPVR does, and I was able to get channels working on the Emby TV server. I can see some guide in NextPVR but none yet in Emby TV. Does it need to be setup separately?