"Resume" for playback of active recordings

SkippyJohn

SkippyJohn

Being able to stop watching an active recording and resume where I left off, either later or on another device, is a key feature.  The resume function on previously recorded files works great.  Providing this same capability for active recordings would be great.  

Sports provide an easy scenario.  I usually start watching 30 to 60 minutes after the start of the game so that I can skip over a lot of the dead time (commercials, time outs, etc.) and focus on the game.  Over the course of a 3+ hour game, I inevitably have interruptions and often move my watching from one device to another.  Today, the only way to support this is to stop/re-start recording, effectively creating a "resume" point.  While effective, it's an annoying process.

Enabling "resume" on playback of active recordings would make this seamless.

• Like 7

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
SkippyJohn

The resume button does indeed show up now when I stop watching the active recording.  Unfortunately, it doesn't work.  When I "resume" while still recording, it simply starts at the beginning.  It's good to see the feature under development.  While I do look forward to having features like this become functional, I really appreciate how the stability and performance of the overall platform has improved over time.  

SkippyJohn

I tested the last two weeks on the Android TV app (currently Emby theatre 1.0.72). I haven’t tried on Windows or XBOX or iOS yet.

SkippyJohn

I didn’t realize there was a side load option. Will put 073 on via usb and try it. I am on server version 4.3.1.0.

Side loaded 1.0.73 and had the same results. Option to resume playback of show currently being recorded simply starts at the beginning.

Edited by SkippyJohn

I didn’t realize there was a side load option. Will put 073 on via usb and try it. I am on server version 4.3.1.0.

Side loaded 1.0.73 and had the same results. Option to resume playback of show currently being recorded simply starts at the beginning.

Hi.  That is not a current version for our Android TV app.  Exactly what app are you using?

maegibbons

Hi

1.0.73 is the current version of the Samsung TV app NOT the Android TV app.

I think you are getting confused.

I do not think resume functionality or even Fast Forward function for in progress recordings has been built in to the Samsung App as yet.

Krs

Mark

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
MBSki

@Luke This isn't implemented yet right? I see in January I commented that this was in the Android TV app, but confirmed with @ebr during beta testing that it needs to be added to the server. I assume it's not in the server yet right? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
MBSki
29 minutes ago, Luke said:

How does the web app compare?

The web app does the same thing. It just goes back to the beginning of the recording and NOT to the pause point if I play from active recordings. If I play from On Now, it tunes to the Live mark, and btw, there isn't any option to start at the beginning instead.

Also, if I play from active recording the timeline only shows a duration of what's been recorded, not the duration of the show. And if I play from On Now it only shows the live duration with no markings for what's been recorded.