Remote Control for EMBY Theater for Windows

griffen247

griffen247

Hi All,

Looking for some advice please.  With the exception of the old standard MS Media Center remote control (I have a whole box of these), can anyone make some recommendations for a simple user friendly remote control?  This is to be used on an Intel NUC system for navigation in EMBY Theater for Windows and is for a non IT savvy family with kids.

I'm assuming that directional arrows, back button, and enter are the only command requirements for using EMBY Theater, so something as streamlined as an Apple TV remote is what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance to anyone able to advise. 

Edited by griffen247

WilhelmStroker

+1 for Harmony, I have a Touch and Hub and they work great. For Windows it's probably a good idea to get a Flirc dongle.

griffen247

i use logitech harmony remotes. i have a harmony one, hub and 350. excellent remotes.

+1 for Harmony, I have a Touch and Hub and they work great. For Windows it's probably a good idea to get a Flirc dongle.

Thanks for the replies to this.... my bad, I should've been clearer with the question.  I actually have a Harmony remote and would use it for sure, but this is not for my setup.  I'm looking for a very user friendly remote for a non IT savvy family with kids.  I'll adjust my post to ask that.  

Swynol

i got my mum and dad the 350 and they are the least IT savy people around. they seem to get on fine with it. 

Otherwise i would look at getting them the harmony hub with the companion remote, the basic remote. easy to use without any overly complicated buttons. Also if you need to tweak their setup you can do it remotely online

griffen247

i got my mum and dad the 350 and they are the least IT savy people around. they seem to get on fine with it. 

Otherwise i would look at getting them the harmony hub with the companion remote, the basic remote. easy to use without any overly complicated buttons. Also if you need to tweak their setup you can do it remotely online

Just took a quick look at the harmony hub and the 350 online.... regardless of decision, I would also need a Flirc dongle for receiving IR to NUC pc?

I think the problem this family are having with the MC remote I supplied them is the IR seems to be poor at a distance.  When I tested on desk at home it was fine, but they are now using in a lounge area, and are having all sorts of non response issues.

Currently I am working to get a FLIRC dongle and a harmony 650 to work with my ET windows system in my living room. It was a request from my wife who said everything is working well and she can use the keyboard but would like a remote instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

griffen247

The hub can work through Bluetooth. Does the NUC have Bluetooth?

Yeah, there is Bluetooth bundled with the on-board Wi-Fi..... The Hub being managed online seems like the way to go, especially as I'll now be in Australia and they are in NZ.  Thanks for advice on this, big help