Cannot Start Transcoding Process

DrJekle
Go to solution Solved by DrJekle,

DrJekle

Hello All

I am experiencing an issue with all my formats(all are in m2ts) not being able to transcode.  The other night I was able to watch movies and tv shows in mediabrowser classic on my xbox360 extender just fine.  Although in the morning I get an error stating 

"Transcode Error

Could not start the transcoding process"

I tried to play a few different movies as well as different tv shows and receive the same error on my extender.

I can get the videos to play on my desktop, through the web interface and in the iOS app, just not the extender.

I have went into the configurator and attempted to play files with transcode360 turned off and on (it has always been on) and still cannot get any files to play.

Any insight will be appreciated

MBClassic-732014d25e2feb77924a0d8937258fc55aa5aa.log

Wow, I thought I had disabled T360 altogether because that project has been dead for a long time.

What happens if you define the extensions of these items as native types for the 360?

The exact same error?  That shouldn't be possible if you really added them and re-started.

Not sure how that's possible.  Did you define the extensions starting with a '.'  Like '.m2ts'?

The bottom line here, if this worked before, is probably that your installation of Transcode 360 changed somehow.  As I said, this project has been dead for a long time so I'm not sure how reliable it is.

DrJekle

Yep i have the "." in front the m2ts. I will try a fresh install late tonight and provide an update.

DrJekle

Well i uninstalled everything, restarted my pc and installed again fresh from the website but still got the same error.

DrJekle

Its still an option in the mediabrowser classic configurator v3.0.129.02-12.2, but its not in the installed programs/features to remove in my control panel

Its still an option in the mediabrowser classic configurator v3.0.129.02-12.2, but its not in the installed programs/features to remove in my control panel

So something un-installed it and that is why it no longer works. 

DrJekle

Well I have now downloaded transcode360 installed it reset the desktop and still the same error message.  Even after doing another complete reinstall of MB server and MB classic.

Well, I don't know what else to try.  Playback of these types of items on the 360 has always been touchy.  Perhaps something in your codec setup has changed and that is tripping it up.

• Solution
DrJekle

Well I have been able to get it up and working after quite a bit of tinkering.  I finally deleted my extender in WMC and went through the setup again.  Reinstalled MB server and MB3 and all works just fine now.