MiBox and DTS

mastrmind11

mastrmind11

For those of you w/ a MiBox, how are you dealing w/ the DTS issue?  Are you re-encoding, or is there a tweak to get sound to play through Emby (or elsewhere).  I tried downmixing to stereo through Emby but still no sound.  I'd prefer not to re-encode everything, but if I must...

edity:  With the new ability to pick from multi versions, does Emby remember what's been picked per device?  If not, that's a problem for a 5yr old.

Edited by mastrmind11

mastrmind11

I just let the server transcode the audio. It does it very quickly.

What do you mean the audio?  Even when I hit playback correction button, I still get no audio.  Everything else non-DTS plays fine.

Guest asrequested

What do you mean the audio? Even when I hit playback correction button, I still get no audio. Everything else non-DTS plays fine.

When I play DTS, the server transcodes it to AAC, and it plays just fine.

mastrmind11

When I play DTS, the server transcodes it to AAC, and it plays just fine.

bizarre.  ok i'll look into it.

mastrmind11

Do you have vlc installed, and are you connected to a TV or AVR?

No VLC, TV via HDMI.  Not sure if it's over ARC but CEC works.

CBers

Which client is this? Android TV app?

If acceptable by the hardware, DTS should be remuxed to Dolby Digital.

Did it ever work?

mastrmind11

Which client is this? Android TV app?

If acceptable by the hardware, DTS should be remuxed to Dolby Digital.

Did it ever work?

I think the last time I tried to play something DTS was when I was still using SPMC, which stuttered like crazy.  I hadn't tried since I switched over completely to Emby.  I moved the box into the kids living room and replaced it w/ a shield in our living room.   They tried to play Trolls, which is how I discovered no audio. The Screenplay app on the LG was what they were using previously, and it direct plays the DTS stuff fine, so they're back to using that.

mastrmind11

Can you not select DTS as the audio track once playback has started, or does it not have one?

Its just a single DTS audio track in the container.  I'm gonna generate some new logs to see what's going on.

mastrmind11

directstream.txt is simply hitting play.  

transcode.txt us after hitting the playback correction button.

neither produce audio.  and the transcode is simply copying the DTS track so no sound is expected. 

Is the playback correction feature incremental?  ie, does it keep trying new stuff each time I hit the button?

directstream.txt

transcode.txt

Guest asrequested

Direct stream is also copying the audio.

Output #0, segment, to '/var/lib/emby-server/transcoding-temp/b204469351280716e5dd1573cacb965a%d.ts':
  Metadata:
    encoder         : Lavf57.83.100
    Stream #0:0: Video: h264 (High), yuv420p(progressive), 1920x816 [SAR 1:1 DAR 40:17], q=2-31, 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 90k tbn, 23.98 tbc (default)
    Stream #0:1: Audio: dts (DTS), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 1536 kb/s (default)
Stream mapping:
  Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (copy)
  Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (copy)

It's just directly remuxing the container

mastrmind11

Under sounds >digital sounds, what is it set to?

hdmi, but i tried all the options.

Guest asrequested

The only thing I can think of is that your tv supports DTS, emby sees that so the server isn't transcoding it, but the MiBox isn't decoding it, for whatever reason. If it were me, I'd test playback through VLC. Also, I'm not using beta server or beta ATV, if that makes any difference?

And take a look this post I made when I first got my MiBox

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/50444-client-hardware-cable-box-replacement/?p=483407

mastrmind11

The only thing I can think of is that your tv supports DTS, emby sees that so the server isn't transcoding it, but the MiBox isn't decoding it, for whatever reason. If it were me, I'd test playback through VLC. Also, I'm not using beta server or beta ATV, if that makes any difference?

And take a look this post I made when I first got my MiBox

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/50444-client-hardware-cable-box-replacement/?p=483407

yeah I'll give it a shot.  thanks for the suggestions.

pir8radio

hdmi, but i tried all the options.

You already said it didn't make a difference, but my TV's (no surround) are all connected via HDMI but are set to PCM in the MiBox settings with Auto detection to off.. 

• 2 weeks later...
mastrmind11

You already said it didn't make a difference, but my TV's (no surround) are all connected via HDMI but are set to PCM in the MiBox settings with Auto detection to off.. 

Tried this, no joy.  Tried everything I can think of.