Android TV Option to hide pause menu OSD

Xorp
Go to solution Solved by CBers,

I'm requesting this from using the Android TV version, but I believe it's the same across most versions.

When you pause a video, the on-screen menu stays up on the screen, with the title and poster art, menu buttons, time, user profile icon, and seek bar.

I am requesting an option to hide this information and only show the video stream paused.

Reason for the request is because OLED and plasma TVs are susceptible to burn-in and image retention. Some of the pause menu items, like the menu buttons and seek bar are consistent across every file, so it's a common and static image that can cause burn-in.

Please consider adding this options.

PrincessClevage

I'm requesting this from using the Android TV version, but I believe it's the same across most versions.

When you pause a video, the on-screen menu stays up on the screen, with the title and poster art, menu buttons, time, user profile icon, and seek bar.

I am requesting an option to hide this information and only show the video stream paused.

Reason for the request is because OLED and plasma TVs are susceptible to burn-in and image retention. Some of the pause menu items, like the menu buttons and seek bar are consistent across every file, so it's a common and static image that can cause burn-in.

Please consider adding this options.

Don’t most new tvs have pixel phase shifting to deal with and stop burn in?

Don’t most new tvs have pixel phase shifting to deal with and stop burn in?

Yes, but burn-in can still occur with these self-emissive displays. You still can't run a news channel or video game gui 24/7 with pixel shifting.

Also, I like to baby my OLED and this would be an extra help in that, hehe.

Edited by Xorp