XMLTV Guide Providers - *.GZ *.ZIP Support

Senna

Could Emby also incorporate built in support for XMLTV guide providers in the following format:

- *.gz (GZIP)

- *.zip

Above formats are common for commercial EPG providers (especially gz), because it saves them bandwidth server side with a factor 10.

Thanks !

We should be handling gz already. If you can provide any sample urls the are having trouble I'll take a look. Thanks.

I can send you the gz in PM of my commercial EPG provider, not the URL (because it shows my account info)

Edit: PM sent with gz xmltv guide

Edited by Senna

I'm afraid I would need a url because the important aspect here is how exactly they are serving it up. Thanks.

I'm afraid I would need a url because the important aspect here is how exactly they are serving it up. Thanks.

Well, in my case, the gz file I have sent you in PM, is exactly the same as the original provided by my provider.....

It is just renamed, to protect my private download link, so I can't see why you couldn't use it, because even when I setup Emby to use a downloaded gz stored locally, instead of the URL, Emby fails to scrape EPG data from the gz for the channels in my m3u.

Edit:

To add to that, the following programs doesn't have any problems with the gz I send you in PM:

- DVBLink

- Kodi

- iPlayTV

- GSE Smart IPTV Pro

- etc....

They all handle a URL or a locally stored gz file perfectly

Edited by Senna

because the response headers and how the server reacts to them play a role, however, for file based support i should be able add support for feeding .gz file.

Ok, thanks for the explanation Luke. I will let you know what the results are, when you have incorporated this new feature for gz feeding. 

Improved GZ support confirmed working for local gz files and URL directed gz files with Emby server 3.2.40.7 beta :)

Good job guys !!